The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-29-2017, 05:13 PM   #1
hooliganshotrods

Dean's 1958 Apache LS3

Thought I would throw up some pics of my new project. I got this 58 offered up to me last September when I was finishing my 56-59 conversion. I needed it like I needed a hole in the head but I couldn't pass it up.

The plan for it is to bag it, big wheels, custom chassis and an LS3, full paint etc.

Here's some pics of the progress over the last months.

When I got it:

Looks like a 4x4 so spent a bit of time cutting the chassis up and getting it down in the weeds. Not using these wheels but I had them laying around and it's better than what it had.

The rear end that was in it had a 4:56 and it was spooled and way too narrow for what I want to build so I swapped it out and put in an 8.8 Ford with a 3:73 posi.

I basically cut the whole chassis apart and built all new rear crossmember and 4 bar mounts, shock mounts etc and started over.

Needed to make some mounts to accommodate the Accuair:

The gay stickers are going and the tank will be polished.

Got the new motor and trans and got it mocked in to make motor mounts and trans mount.

With the mock up near finished at the rear of the truck I needed to come up with a bed frame that would still allow me to have access to the air system etc. if need be. I made a tilting frame that runs on actuators.

Now that most of the mock up was done it was time to tear it all apart and finish welding everything on the chassis.

Finished all the welding and put the truck back together to send it off for paint and body work and powder coat.

So that's a quick update on the last 6 months since I've been working on it when I've had time. It's been at the body shop since the beginning of April and am getting it back at the end of June
hooliganshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote