The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-01-2004, 09:25 AM   #1
chailey

wheels/tires

i put a 2 inch T.C. lift on my 72. i had to get everything 1 piece at a time due to still being in school. i got a set of used bfg at's 33x12.50's and a set of used 15x 10 in. wheels. the wheels are either eagles or the 589's (the ones with the 8 holes in them). anyway, when i first put them on, everything worked well. there was no rubbing at all. but a few months ago, i put new pads on the front brakes, and the calapers started rubbing the inside of the wheel when i'd hit the brakes. has anybody else had this problem with 10 inch wheels? they have ground a little place down in the front wheels, so its not doing it anymore. but i cant rotate my tires, because it starts to rub the other wheels when i do. i'm going to need to get some new tires in the next month or so, and i want to be able to rotate them. i was thinking about going with a set of 8 inch wheels, but i'm not sure. anybody know how i can fix this problem? i'm not really big on using wheel spacers, i've heard some bad things about them.

also, anybody know where to get the best deals on wheels/tires online? thanks
chailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 11:21 AM   #2
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Sounds like you didn't get something seated right with the calipers. I would pull them ASAP and check to make sure it is all installed properly. New brake pads shouldn't cause the caliper to rub on the wheel.

Welcome to the board. Post some pictures of your truck when you get a chance. Also, please fill out your profile so we know where you are at. There could be a board member right around the corner from you who knows exactly how to help you or have the exact part you need and they won't know unless you fill out your profile.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:10 PM   #3
Big J
Its lookin' like a Blazer!

You need to get out the angle grinder an grind off the offending edges of the calipers. Its no big deal to do but take off just enough material to clear the wheel. You'll probably want to crawl under and behind the wheel to try and see exactly the point or points that are rubbing. Good luck!

My Build
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:11 PM   #4
donkey69
JB-80 "Twice as Good"

Welcome from MN! I agree with Bouncy....a guy might want to pull it apart and double check!