The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-16-2004, 11:28 AM   #1
GMC AMI

Question Ct. deal?

Here is a truck someone in CT should check out.
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2004, 11:39 AM   #2
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

Hey Mike, that's not a bad deal, maybe I will check it out and get back to you. I'm not overly familiar with the 72's, are there options that maybe I should look for that might sell the truck?
Also, where did you see that listing, seeing as you are so far away?

Thanks,
Larry

Got rid of my projects for now.
1980 Jeep CJ7
1998 Nissan Sentra (my car)
2001 Toyota Sienna (wife's, of course)
spencra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 11:53 AM   #3
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

I just called and left a message with the owner. Hopefully he still has it.

1980 Jeep CJ7
Old 12-16-2004, 05:30 PM   #4
GMC AMI

Smile CT truck

HI Larry, I get Uncle Henry's on line and the ad just came out this AM. It is a ways off for an ad in this Mag. Mostly Maine + NH. It seemed like a deal if in any kind of shape at all. I would look for tach dash,tilt, tow hooks, and other parts. Good luck I hope it is a score for you, Mike.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:55 PM   #5
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

I talked to the guy today and told him that I would be out to check it out this weekend. He said that he has 5 vehicles and has to get rid of the truck soon. Maybe a good deal is awaiting.

1980 Jeep CJ7
Old 12-16-2004, 05:57 PM   #6
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

Oh yeah, and it's an LWB and he claims that it runs like new.

1980 Jeep CJ7
Old 12-16-2004, 07:39 PM   #7
72swbcamo

short step side bed.

Hi Larry:

A couple of weeks ago the was a short bed for sale on the board here in CT. I bought it and got a good deal. It wasn't what I expected. You stated taht you knew someone in CT Manchester or mansfief wo was looking for a short bed step side. Do you know if they are still looking if so could you get back ti me.

thanks.

Jim
72swbcamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 08:02 PM   #8
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72swbcamo
Hi Larry:

A couple of weeks ago the was a short bed for sale on the board here in CT. I bought it and got a good deal. It wasn't what I expected. You stated taht you knew someone in CT Manchester or mansfief wo was looking for a short bed step side. Do you know if they are still looking if so could you get back ti me.

thanks.

Jim
Hey Jim, thanks alot for the info. Andy (aka. arkracing) From Manchester was looking for a short stepside bed and bought two off of me. One bed was in almost mint cond (minus the wood floor) but didn't have fenders. The other was a daily driver at best and he was going to take the fenders off of that one and repair them and put them on the good bed. The only prob. is that the fenders may be too far gone. He is on the lookout for step-bed fenders. I don't know his e-mail address but i'll PM him to give him the info unless you want to PM him.

Thanks,
Larry

1980 Jeep CJ7
Old 12-16-2004, 08:17 PM   #9
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

Oh yeah, I was just curious Jim. Are you selling the step bed off of the truck that you just bought? I didn't even see the truck for sale on the board. What part of CT did you get it from? How does it look, and do you have pics? I love seeing these things, If you don't have pics that's cool. I'm just being a pain in the rear. Also whenever I see one of these things for sale, especially around here, It's like finding a needle in a haystack.
It's funny that you are from Waterbury, when I first saw this post I said to myself "oh, Waterford, thats practically a hop, skip and a jump away." I Always confuse Waterbury and Waterford, just like Plainville and Plainfield. If i'm thinking too quickly I always throw myself off.
I'll stop rambling now, I always get a little happy and talkative when I Meet a board member from CT.

I'll definately check out the truck in Waterford, I just have to pass it by the wife because I have two trucks that I will have to sell in order to get it into the driveway.

1980 Jeep CJ7
Old 12-16-2004, 11:57 PM   #10
arkracing
Weekend Warrior

Waterbury Stepside

Deals always seem to arrive when there is no cash lying around...funny how that always works. Let me know what that truck looks like Spencra - I'm down in the Waterford area all the time - maybe i'll check it out too if you don't want it

I'm interested in the "Waterbury Stepside" PMed you
-'69 Chevy C30 Mason Dump

-'33Ford P/U 396ChevyPowered
arkracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 12:28 AM   #11
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkracing
Deals always seem to arrive when there is no cash lying around...funny how that always works. Let me know what that truck looks like Spencra - I'm down in the Waterford area all the time - maybe i'll check it out too if you don't want it

I'm interested in the "Waterbury Stepside" PMed you
I know exactly what you are saying Andy, With things popping up when you don't have the money. Fortunately, I just found out today that the State of CT owes me over two weeks pay for when I was laid off two years ago. Is it just coincidence that this truck popped up on the same day that I get this news? I don't know but it's pretty convenient. I have to check it out first and then I have to find a way to convince my wife. It will be tough, but I will see what I can do. When I check out the truck I'll fill you in on the info. And if it requires me getting rid of the 79 for the space and if you want it and don't have the money than maybe we can work something out. That is of course if you are interested in it.

Let me know.

1980 Jeep CJ7
Old 12-17-2004, 12:31 AM   #12
arkracing
Weekend Warrior

sounds good
let me know if you pick up that truck and you have to get rid of the '79 - i might be able to scroung up some $ after Christmas anyway..we'll see...but don't wait for me if someone offers you the $
-'69 Chevy C30 Mason Dump

-'33Ford P/U 396ChevyPowered
arkracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:22 AM   #13
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

I have to pass on the Waterford truck. Me and my wife talked about it last night and it doesn't seem financially feasable, being Christmas time and all. Plus the lack of space at this point is a major factor.
I talked to the guy though and didn't get to much info from him but according to him it runs like new. He just has to get rid of it because of, get this guys, SPACE ISSUES. Sounds familiar huh. I guess he has like 5 vehicles and the truck has to go ASAP. Might be a really good find for somebody. Wish it were me but the timing just isn't right.
At this point i'm going to start stashing away my money, get rid of two of my trucks and down the road with money saved, i'm going to buy myself a sweet truck. I've already gotten the go ahead from my wife. :p

Again, Thank you Mike for giving the heads-up.

1980 Jeep CJ7

Last edited by spencra; 12-17-2004 at 11:53 AM.