The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-10-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
stunna

Question retrotek fuel injection

anybody on here have the retrotek fuel inj setup. it seems to very nice, looks like a carb, a bit pricey. are there any other fuel inj systems similiar to this?
stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #2
oldspowered67C10

Re: retrotek fuel injection

My buddy has one on his 60 cadillac. Nice setup but you have to use a EST type distributor, its simple drop in for a chevy but he had to put all the chevy EST distributor guts in 390 caddy distributor. Hes using a old edelbrock 2x3 intake manifold w/ 3 of the stromberg look-alike throttle bodies. All the stuff is realy high quality and you can even add a idle air control motor if youd like to. You of course have to run a electric fuel pump and alot more sensors but the wiring loom is custom made for each application so installation is a breeze. One of the coolest things is the software, it uses a wide band oxygen sensor and a knock sensor to "adapt" the tune for each application although the tune they send you is good enough to start and run the engine.

He bought it because he didnt want it to look like it had EFI but he wanted the superior driveability that EFI offers. If you dont care that its obvious that you have EFI there are some multi-port systems out there that can do alot more than the retrotek TBI system can do for cheaper but there not nearly as easy for someone whose not too EFI savvy to get up and running.
oldspowered67C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:52 AM   #3
stunna

thanks for the info, i was wanting the look of a carb but with fuel injection on my truck. i think iam going to get it. i dont know of any other systems that give you the same look while performing as a fuel injection.
stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:49 AM   #4
shifty
Questionable

What is the price tag on it?

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:22 AM   #5
cory321
Problem Child

about 2300

I Survived Norwood
cory321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:25 AM   #6
shifty
Questionable

Ouch.

I wonder if you could bolt that to a modern GenIII small block? If you could, that could be a great alternative to using the stock EFI system on the 4.8/5.3/5.7/6.0L newer engines - just get the kit and avoid having to get a standalone harness, PCM, etc.

A used GenIII engine like the ones a lot of guys are getting out of '99-'05 pickups and SUVs run around $1000-2000 with a tranny bolted to it and all peripherals. 300+HP right out the box, fuel injected, 20MPG or more. Pretty simple install, but there is ~$1000 in parts you absolutely need to invest in.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 02-13-2008 at 06:26 AM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote