The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-26-2008, 01:55 AM   #1
originalJD
James

235ci-292ci ?

I know this topic has been addressed before but I can't seem to find the thread. I just need to know what changes need to be made in swaping out a 235ci to drop in a 292ci. I'm thinking it's just one motor mount but I just wanted to be sure. And I don't think there is any better place to go with this question than here.

Thanks guys........James

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...e_top_view_all
originalJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
ol Curt

Re: 235ci-292ci ?

The really best place to ask or search archives for answers to the question is either www.inliners.org or www.stovebolt.com

They do almost all inline six questions. There are some guys on this board who could certainly help, but if you want info quick and detailed on this topic, they would be the two sites!
ol Curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
factorystock

Many people confuse the 235 with the 230, which do you have? These are completely different engines.230 has distributor in front part of engine,(like the 292) the 235 has the distributor in the middle part of the engine.(like the 261). To swap a 235 for a 292, a difficult fabrication, to swap a 230 for a 292,all you need is a 292 passenger side motor mount.
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:01 PM   #4
originalJD
James

The engine is a 235ci. Thanks for the info. A guy wants to buy a replacment engine for his 235ci. I have a 292ci. I told him that I'd sell my 292ci to him. I ask because I don't want to sell an engine to someone if they can't use it. Just simply moveing a motor mount is one thing but if there is going to be some in depth fabrication involved I want to be sure to let the buyer know. It's just one of those things I wished people would have done for me in parts tradeing ya know?

Thanks again...

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...e_top_view_all
originalJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:43 PM   #5
Oregoon
Roadside Rebuilder

I wish there were more people with your level of integrity. I too, try to help out others when selling them a part, a used vehicle, etc. Case in point: I sold a '69 VW Bus about ten years back, for $600. It ran, but needed almost everything. The first person to answer the ad--an 18 year old hippie chick--promised up and down she'd be back in a week with the money, and she was gonna drive that bus to Alaska. I told her it needed everything, and it wouldn't make it to the city limits.

A few days later, some biker dude showed up in a 1957 Ford Bread Truck, and looked the bus over. I told him the same thing I told the chick--that it needed just about everything from the wheels up. He listed off a few more things it needed, gave me what I was asking, and thanked me for my honesty.

An hour later, the hippe-girl showed up on my doorstep as she'd vowed. I explained to her I'd sold the van, and again, that the van was a total project. Then, I steered her toward the local VW shop, where she got some help with her purchasing. I heard they told her to save her cash, and take a Greyhound.

Then as now, I slept well.

I'd hate to think I'm responsible for somebody else's misery. I probably cause enough of it by accident without setting out to do it intentionally. Plus what comes around goes around, you know?

Last edited by Oregoon; 12-26-2008 at 05:53 PM.
Oregoon is offline   Reply With Quote