The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-18-2002, 09:26 PM   #1
smith

A/C removal?

I'm trying to clean up under my hood some and get rid of some of the wire ties, with bundles of stuff that I normally don't want to mess with.

I'm considering trying to "get rid" of mt A/C stuff since I know I'll never hook it up and use it, (always got the top off...) Has anyone ever done this?, any helpful hints? I've got the compressor off, but I'd just like to get rid of the unused lines,etc. Should I buy a part from a cab without A/C and replace my stuff?

If someone in the area wants some A/C parts I'll cut you a deal once we get them off.(free?)

Thanks.

smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 10:41 PM   #2
junkyardjohn

Lightbulb

HI DAN .. I TOOK MINE OUT & OFF FOR THE VERY SAME REASONS. I REPLACES MY AC BOX WITH A STANDARD HEATER BOX. THE HEATER BOX COVERED UP THE HOLE IN THE FIREWALL, BUT LEFT AN AREA MAYBE 3"X 4". I COVERED THIS WITH A PIECE OF 1/8" ALUMINUM. I'LL POST A PICTURE OF IT TOMORROW WHEN IT'S LIGHT OUT. JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 11:56 PM   #3
Tynee
I miss this truck.

Is your compressor already gone? If not, I'd gladly pay the shipping to get it here.

'08 Crew Cab Z-71 short bed. Really like this truck A LOT.
Tynee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 12:51 AM   #4
chopped 71

IM INTERESTED IN ALL THE DUCT WORK UNDER DASH. BASICLY I HAVE AN A/C CAB WITH NOTHING.VERY INTERESTED IN ALL THE LEFTOVER PARTS. THANKS
chopped 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 05:47 AM   #5
GMCPaul

Well if you find no one can help you out with swapping all the A/C parts you have for all the needed Non-A/C parts shoot us a email and I'll have the guys pull the parts you need out of my storage area and we will work out a deal where I'll swap with you.
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 10:34 AM   #6
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

I could sure use the AC box that mounts to the firewall if it is in great condition. Mine has a big chip out of the corner and I need to replace it. I would pay shipping. Thanks.
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 02:45 PM   #7
smith

Thanks guys... I guess I wasn't specific enough- I'd like to keep the heat operational, so I'd like to keep the duct work. My heat doesn't work right now(I'm assuming it's the core) so I'm getting ready within the next month or so to just start tearring stuff off and figuring out how to put just non-A/C stuff back on. TYNEE- I still have the compressor, it was given to me in a box when I bought the truck so I have no idea of the condition, I'd be willing to part with it.

I guess the best thing to do would be to get everything off and then post pics of what I have to get rid of.

I'd be interested in junkyard johns pictures and maybe a little advice before I get in too far.

Someone sent me a private message but I didn't get it somehow, see if you can try again...
Thanks-

I may take you up on your offer GMCpaul

smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 04:45 PM   #8
3damnboyz

i would try to find a cab without a/c and rob the box out of it, that way it looks clean and ya dont have the holes in it for the a/c lines that ya wont be needing.

"come on honey, we need more old trucks to fix up for the boys to drive, they will be driving before ya know it!"
3damnboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 09:06 PM   #9
Rod

I need the brackets in this pic ... for an AC compressor off a small block.
Attached Images

72 Chev 1 ton tow truck 402BB w/Holmes 440 wrecker on propane
2005 FLSTSCI Harley Springer
85 FXSB Harley Lowrider
72 Triumph 650 Bonneville 5spd
"Poor people don't have hobbies" Quote from wife.
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote