The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-30-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
lks dcvn

No bites in the FS section - price question

I would gather that my price is too high for this truck...so I am looking to see what I should ask for it...

Here are the details:

Build thread can be found here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...light=lks+dcvn

1970 C-10 Long Wheel Base Pickup Truck - Clear Ohio Title in my name
350 engine - needs a smaller carb installed on it - runs too rich right now and dies out at times
TH400 Trans - rebuilt less than 500 miles since rebuild
6 lug [6x5.5 bolt pattern] 4 wheel drum brakes - completely rebuilt - last year
Front Suspension - items that needed replaced were replaced [A-arm bushings, had an alignment done as well]
New [White] Single Stage Paint - I did the body work and paint in my driveway - it isn't perfect, but for a daily driver it will be fine.
New 2.5" Corvette Ram Horn Manifolds into 2.5" Exhaust with 40 series mufflers
Rebuilt Dash Cluster - white accents color matched to truck
All new lenses for turn signals, brakes, etc.
New Exterior Handles
New Seat Cover
New Black Carpet
New Radio Antenna
New Heater Controls
New Heater Cables - replaced old and used graphite on new ones so they slide easy now

Most of the parts on the truck are new, rebuilt, aftermarket or upgraded in some way.

The truck is in locked storage until April so I can't get any pix right now.

I have almost every receipt and a spreadsheet of all the parts and their prices to go with the truck.

Things it needs to be completely done:

1. Smaller Carb Installed and Dialed in - I have a Quadrajet that needs rebuilt that can go with it. It currently has a Double Pumper 750 on it.
2. Driver Side Door adjusted a bit - it does close and latch but the new weatherstrip that was installed doesn't allow it to shut flush yet.
3. Interior Door Panels and 6x9 speakers installed [I have the door panels - just need to get the 6x9's installed and then put on the door panels - 30 mins work]
4. Heater wiring needs checked - Blower Motor is good [tested it], but it does not kick on with dash switch - I plan to check it out when it gets out of storage
5. Needs to have the interior light pins on the a pillar adjusted to work correctly

The powder coated 6 lug rally wheels and the tires will be used on another project so they do not come with the truck at this time.

I was going to resolve these last few issues when I get it out of storage in April and then put it up for sale, but I figured I would post it up now to see if there was any interest.

Rust - there is some minimal cancerous rust in the rear driver side cab mount - it appears to be isolated there...

Thanks for the help everybody. I built if for my Dad - but it looks like he won't be needing it.
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:06 AM   #2
lks dcvn

Re: No bites in the FS section - price question

90 views and no responses...
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:09 AM   #3
Racinaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by lks dcvn View Post
90 views and no responses...
Its tough to say, I would look on ebay and find something close to yours or Deals on Wheels, Auto Trader, something like that

One guy will sell that truck for $1700.00 and another $5000.00
My $1700 number came from a customer that bought one close to the condition to your and i know a guy who paid $3500 for one like yours
1971 Chevelle
2008 Dodge HD3500 Tow Rig
Racinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #4
fine69

Tom i thinks its the economy.

I have had my Arizona 68 burb listed and got only a couple bites. Its a ZERO rust vehicle. And i priced it accordingly.

Longhornman has his listed too. NO bites on it either. And its a big block, lowered driver.

Might have to wait a while. My burb is snow covered and looks like it will stay that way for a bit.

Board member #6

fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
big_al_71

I listed my truck on there about a month ago just to see as I had a bunch of people try to buy it and the same happen nobody do anything. Everyone is looking to steal for a real cheap price. The samething happened in the harley forum I frequent I had my bike listed on there and I got alot of stupid offers like 4k under what is worth I guess people out there think that everyone is hurting for money which in my case really far from it...Good luck

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

i hate to tell you this but i cant see this going to go for more than like $4000-5000 between the economy and the fact that the paint isnt top notch the rust (cancer) and the list of things that are not new and the things that need to be addressed

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote