The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
C10-Driver
Chevy Truck Addict

WIW - '70 GMC BB/Air Cab

I am going to be parting out a 1970 2WD GMC C/20 up here in Canada. I purchased the truck in Sacramento and it is absolutely rust free. I was hoping you could provide me some opinions on what a few parts are worth. Sorry, I don't have any pictures at the moment so you will have to take my word on the condition .

First, rust-free, high-hump A/C cab with doors (and title). I will be selling it bare but complete with all the glass, chrome vent windows in good shape and stainless trim around the windshield and back glass. All the glass is in good shape. It has trim and mirror holes in the doors but still has original paint and original rockers and cab corners in perfect shape.

Second, a rust free 68 Chev clip. Again this is real clean and is even perfect on the passenger side below the battery. This is complete with rad support and inners (also in perfect shape).

Thanks in advance... I appreciate your comments.
1970 Pontiac Lemans
C10-Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Re: WIW - '70 GMC BB/Air Cab

Cab prices seem to vary quite a bit with area and availability, around here that stripped cab (clean as you describe) would be worth $1250. w/o the doors, the doors are worth $2-300. apiece or make a package deal with the buyer of the cab. On the 68 chev complete original GM nose with NO rust outs and just a few minor dents/dings here and there, $750. +++ around here. Price some of these pieces out in Taiwan repro, at some point the repop prices have to reflect on the value of better fitting limited availability oe metal. Mel

The good original stuff is getting hard to find these days, take a look at it this way, if purchased by the piece to build up a nice clip with good OE original paint rust free parts (at least here locally) are worth:

$150.+ / Hood
$250.+ / L & R fenders
$100.+ / L & R inner fenders
$200.+ / Core support
$200.+ / Grille w/loops & HL bezels
$ 40. / Hood hinges
$ 40. / Splash pan
$ 40. / Wiper cowl
$1,020... conservatively
Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote