The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #1
Murphy IRE

Mirrors for a '71 K20 Cheyenne

Two weeks ago I ripped the OEM mirror off the drivers door. The Aspen tree caught me off guard with an upper cut from one of its limbs. So, I bought a cheap after market mirror (POS) to get home. I can get another OEM mirror, but they are really small (Most of the time I have a shell on). I would like to put on a set of retractable mirrors on. I had some great ones on my Large size Broncos. I bought an after market (similar to what was on my Bronco), but it doesn't fit. The top contour is one problem and the trim is another. Besides, to get the mirror to level out on the '71 door, I need to cut off about 2" on the lower arm. The third problem,is the size of the hole under the OEM mirror. I'm not a fan of Bondo.
There have been other mirrors on her before, you can see the bondo fill in. The old style California mirrors don't swing away and neither do the 3 or 4 pt mirrors. I'm affaid they would lose to the next Aspen too.
Suggestions?
Murphy IRE is offline   Reply With Quote