The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-24-2016, 01:18 PM   #1
Bulldog88

My throttle cuts out, sometimes it works and sometimes it wont

So I installed and 04 model motor in my truck, and I have the tac, pedal, and ecm from it, and sometimes the pedal will work and sometimes it won't, for example if I turn the truck on and I rev the motor up it will do it 2 -3 times then the pedal stops working, then if I shut it off and turn it back on it will work again sometimes depending on how long I let it sit. I even went to a salvage yard and got another pedal tac box and harness from a 04 and still nothing, I have not scanned it yet, I'm getting power at the tac box I check that out already so what can it be?
Bulldog88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 05:09 PM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: My throttle cuts out, sometimes it works and sometimes it wont

Can't tell you much until you scan it for codes. Mismatch errors may throw T or U codes so use a good scanner.

Depending what the scan says we can point the in right direction. Once the pedal detects a problem (bad pot/rheostat, shorted wire) it will disable the throttle control but still allow the ECM to command TPS for idle.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:17 PM   #3
Bulldog88

Re: My throttle cuts out, sometimes it works and sometimes it wont

So I scanned the truck and it gave me the tps sensor code , the readings on tps were not reading even, so I went to local salvage yard and picked up a complete throttle body and replaced it and it worked, now I have throttle response and my pedal works fine. Truck is up and running good
Bulldog88 is offline   Reply With Quote