The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Reliable Rat

Sorry gang,my camera was on the blink when I saw this but it impressed me as an old school style with modern components.So I'l describe the truck and get some input because I would love to have one something like it.

Guy had a Toyota pickup that he had wrecked.He found a cab for a 37 Ford that was admittedly rough.He took the body off the toy and redid the body mounts.He now has a reliable,rat with modern engineering and tech that used the original concept of using what he had to build a cool reliable cruiser that gets 30 mpg,has r&p,auto,will smoke the tires and he ain't afraid to get the paint scratched.He's driving the crap outta it and it stays surrounded at cruises and shows.
It's a rat,it has a Benz grille,undercoating for paint,a wood bed,an ammo box toolbox on the bed and decent tires and wheels.He told me he has 4 months spare time and 8 bens in it. Would you cruise something like that?I'll try to ctach him at another cruise and get pics.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
C-10 simplex
Account Suspended

Re: Reliable Rat

No, i wouldn't cruise in something like that only because i prefer to stick with GM. But i like the concept and i applaud him and think he's brave and smart to use what he has including a toyota chassis, which for some reason, may be shunned by the "traditional rod crowd." Not sure why, because as you said that is what rodding is about---using what you got.

Here's what i really want to see-----a 68-72 ford torino with an air-cooled VW engine.
C-10 simplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
Mordachai
Fat Fendered Fleetside

Re: Reliable Rat

I think that's cool, as mentioned before, rodding is using what you have on hand...

I'm doing something similar, 93 Sonoma with 97 4.3 vortec/700r4 - going under a 41 ford. my intentions are to leave it rough and drive the wheels off it.
I will post a thread once there's some worthy progress...
Mordachai is offline   Reply With Quote