The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
chevyjeep

Motor Mount Question 77 c10

I just finished, almost, putting a new 350 in my 77 c10. We had hell getting the engine to line up with the new motor mounts. I was wondering if the clam shells(piece that bolts to the block) are interchangable, side to side or are they side specific? Well, I'll be pulling out the mounts tomorrow so, would it be easier to remove just the mount or the frame bracket/mount together as one piece? Thanks for any and all info, the more the better.
chevyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Motor Mount Question 77 c10

There are 2 different heights of the clamshells, but they are supposed to be the same height on both sides. If yours are the original '77 pieces, they will be the same. If you are havinf difficulties getting the clamshells and motor mounts to line up, try loosening the frame brackets so as to allow a little movement, Then once the center motor mount bolt is in, tighten the bracket bolts.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:50 AM   #3
chevyjeep

Re: Motor Mount Question 77 c10

Thanks for replying so quick. Let me give you somemore info. The engine is in but when I went to install the radiator/shroud the fan hit the shroud on the bottom and the fan isn't centered in the shroud. It's like the engine is setting too low and to far to the drivers side. Everything is oem on the truck, the new 350 is replacing a worn out 350. We had to pry the engine to the left to get the drivers side mount bolt in. The engine seems to set too far left but I couldn't remember how it looked before for sure. I just figured it was the foreign-made mounts from Advanced Auto, both anchor brand, one box said made in usa, the other made in china. I'll probably be removing the mounts so which way is the best/easiest way to do it, mount/frame bracket together or mount by itself? Thanks again
chevyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote