The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
GobbleStalker
GobbleStalker Calls

Pulley set up help.

Can I get a picture of a factory pulley setup for a 72 c10 with a 350 and AC. I have lost most of my pulleys in a move and trying to figure out what I need as well as belt configuration.

Thanks
Kevin
09 GMC Sierra SLT All Terrain pkg.
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara unlimited. ( The wifes ride )
GobbleStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:47 AM   #2
realsteelGM

Re: Pulley set up help.

I just went and found an existing unit that was all together, took photos and measurements and belt configuration. A little puzzling at first but not rocket science. Use bronze shims or washers to get your pulleys parallel where necessary.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
68gmsee

Location: Centrally located between Houston, Austin and Waco. BCS area.

It's going to be hard to find an original unchanged stock motor with all the options needed. There has been lots of changes made by owners in the last 40+ years. I always recommend to find a completely untouched, compatible motor (even if it's a newer model) and take all of the pulleys, mounting brackets, p.s. unit complete and if possible all the components in front of the engine including fan and pulley and even all the belts for matching.

It will cost you more running around and trying to mix and match pulleys and brackets in the long run. The other alternative is to buy them aftermarket from vendors like Alan Grove.
I just want a vehicle that I can work on, that won't talk to me, leave error msgs or keep track of how I drive...
68gmsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:40 PM   #4
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

While I don't have the pic you are wanting, it really is not that difficult to set up IMO. For your truck with AC, you will need a 3 groove crank pulley and a 2 groove water pump pulley. Of course the alternator, power steering pump and AC compressor will have just 1 pulley. Then you will need the correct brackets to mount them to your engine. All of these will have to be for a short water pump small block.

I would think the guys that spend most of their time in the '67-'72 section, should have some pics that show you what you need to see. I do have a couple pics. One is of a partially assembles accessory drive. The other is an exploded view of how the PS pump bracket goes together.
Attached Images

Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
GobbleStalker
GobbleStalker Calls

Perfect thanks again.
09 GMC Sierra SLT All Terrain pkg.
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara unlimited. ( The wifes ride )
GobbleStalker is offline   Reply With Quote