The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Reddit

I find myself reading through Reddit now and again. I check it out while watching TV.

There was a post that turned into an S storm, because some older fellow complimented a younger lady in the store ... no harm no foul, just a gesture.

Of course it blew up, especially since the area it was posted in tends to be for women only, as usual I disagree with most of the things said =)

But the OP kinda got to me. She said this old man walked up to her ... somewhere between the ages of 50 and 60 .... WTHeck? Im 55 now, am I seriously an old man now? Sigh.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #2
john@thepier

Re: Reddit

These younger girls have no idea how wonderful us seasoned men truly are, or the quality of a pleasurable life we could offer them, if we would ever choose to that is ;-)
john@thepier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:03 PM   #3
powerdriver 1958
Kid's Mechanic

Yes CG , Welcome to the world of Old Guys . Well it may have more to do with the age of the poster . At the age of 16 someone 55 might seem well "seasoned" .

Now I might fit the the old guy look better than you . What Hair I have left has no wanted color . I just own it , Senior discount and all . I'm 55 also .
powerdriver 1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #4
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I'm a couple of years older than y'all and I have figured out that the younger ladies fall into two categories. They're either going to take the compliment as it was meant or they are going to think you are a lecherous old ba$t@rd. I sometimes think the ones that think I'm a lecher are easier to deal with, I just stare at them until they leave. lol
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #5
boatpuller

Hey 55 is the new 18..........until you try something physically demanding.
What I really first noticed was jumping down off something.....You used to land and flex and absorb it... Now, You land like a ton of you know what.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:17 AM   #6
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
I'm a couple of years older than y'all and I have figured out that the younger ladies fall into two categories. They're either going to take the compliment as it was meant or they are going to think you are a lecherous old ba$t@rd. I sometimes think the ones that think I'm a lecher are easier to deal with, I just stare at them until they leave. lol
The young woman in question did take the compliment as it was ment to be. She got laid in to by many women that took his compliment as lecherous.
Sad days.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:17 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

You're old when you can't do the things a young person can. I can still do it all, and most of it better! Now old-er is another story. Out of respect, that is how I have always referred to anyone in an age group that's been around longer than mine. Older simply states the fact w/o indicating any diminished ability or anything else one may find offensive. It's a really easy way to never insult, everyone should do it!

With the man/woman thing I'm very careful about coming off as creepy to a younger gal. What I find works best is give them a change to flirt with me first (yeah right! ). Seriously, the only significantly younger gal I'll ever try for (or even act in such a way) is one who seems to be showing some interest in getting better acquainted. That's easy because basically I'm not interested in anyone that much younger as my first choice

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-03-2014 at 08:24 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:52 AM   #8
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpuller View Post
Hey 55 is the new 18..........until you try something physically demanding.
What I really first noticed was jumping down off something.....You used to land and flex and absorb it... Now, You land like a ton of you know what.
At least you land like a ton of you know what. Me I just splat!!
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #9
boatpuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
At least you land like a ton of you know what. Me I just splat!!
You know the feeling...........My d.d is 3/4 ton 4x4 Dodge climbing in and jumping out of the bed make you feel old.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #10
rambler
MOVE OVER

so let me get this straight.. you hang out in the women's forums in reddit ??? I have read a few posts there,, but run out of there pretty quick LOL
Old 11-04-2014, 05:20 PM   #11
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Younger women hate old guys, becasue we won't listen to them as intently as a young guy would. We already had our life and don't need to get all whipped up over a pretty young thing, such as them.

However, if you sit there and stare at your cell phone and poke at it now and then, they think you are really listening to them and go on about their business of poking at their cell phone, as if nothing happened.