The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-28-2014, 09:30 AM   #1
sleeper68

Finally jumping aboard from SD

I've been lurking on this site for many years to get my fill of old Chevy's and GMC's until I could get another one and now I suddenly have 3 of them so I felt I should join the team! First I'd like to thank you guys for all the information and pics which was instrumental in the last few months in putting my 71 back together. It was an abandoned project that was painted and the engine/trans sitting in it but needed plumbed and wired and interior as well as 100 other little things. It is finished now and up for sale so I can get started on my 68 SB. I bought it from Sodak68. I didn't know he started a build thread on it here until after I bought it. My dad bought a 53 project last year from Sioux Falls and I later found it also had a build thread started on it here!
I live in Brookings, SD, and my wife and I run a small shop here doing paintless dent repair, window tinting, detailing, and whatever else the people, body shops and car dealers ask us to do. I started at 21 years old and next year will be 20 years which is something that is hard for me to believe.
I grew up with a mechanic and car nut for a dad so I had no choice but to become a car junkie. I sat in the attic of the garage reading 50's, 60's and 70's car and truck mags as well as memorizing front end pics from all the old Chilton's manuals. Remember those? I got my first 55 at age 13, sold it and bought a 55 big window and traded that to dad for his 68 SB, which was what I drove in High School. I grew up riding around in our 72 Sub and we parted out or bought and sold so many 67-72's I can't even remember them all. I remember stacks of fender's and doors sitting in the yard and having to clean all the mouse nests and crap out of everything we drug home. Here are some pics of what started it for me as well as my current 71 and 68. Again thanks to all of you who take the time to post pics and how to's. It took me forever just to find a minute to sit down and write this!
Attached Images

sleeper68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:33 AM   #2
sleeper68

Re: Finally jumping aboard from SD

And the 68....
Attached Images

sleeper68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
68panelman

Welcome to the forum!!!, Yep you got the sickness also!!!
68panelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
71swb4x4

Welcome to the board, from... Brookings.

Your 68 is awesome. I saw the ochre and white one on craigslist, another very sharp truck!
I am working on a 71 Blazer (it's a rusty POS) and have a 67 C30 we use for work. Neither are even close to as nice as what you have. The Blazer isn't even running yet.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:41 PM   #5
sleeper68

I've seen the dually many times. We just sold our house on Circle drive in Dec. and you must live nearby? Pulled the 454 on the 68 and finally finished tearing it down today to take to CNC. Only 200 miles on it's build from PO but something is wrong with it. I just fired up our website this week and consigned a local 71 that I just did a full clean up on for the guy. www.autoprobrookings.com