The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-07-2015, 05:02 PM   #1
Flatty

New guy here

I am new to the pickup truck world in terms of hot rods. I have been building rockcrawlers for the past 20 years, and just came upon a 1949 Chevy pickup. Back story on it is:

When my wife was 16, she was driving around with her dad looking at cars, and she saw a 1952 Chevy pickup in a dealer lot. The car was clean and stock. She begged and pleaded with her dad to buy this, but alas it was not in the cards. her dad is certainly not the hotrod type. She ended up with a BMW instead. Fast forward a BUNCH of years and a friend purchased a 1950 pickup. My wife was dreuling over it when he turned to me and said... I have a 1949 pickup that I was goig to use as a parts car, but its all yours if you want it. $1000 later, I got a truck.

I will be building this for my wife. Mind you, she still drives a BMW. When she said she watned the truck, I jumped for joy. So it looks like I will be started my next project pretty soon.

My plan is pretty simple. She loves teal, so the truck will be teal with a build smallblock, 4L60, 9" rear, my own 4 link for the rear, probably a mustang 2 stle front all with airride shocks. I want this to be reliable enough to be a daily driver, but nice enough to show. The back frame will be chopped off, and I will tube out a new section of frame from the trans x-member back. this should give me enough room to lay the truck into the weeds.

Wish me luck
Dima
Flatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:10 PM   #2
Joe Pass

Re: New guy here

Hey cool stuff...Welcome from Windsor (1 hour) north of you....I haven't personally built a AD style truck yet but hope to also...It seems to be the style that appeals to my wife also.
Joe
Joe Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:10 PM   #3
Brooklyn Apache

Re: New guy here

Now that's a happy marriage.
Brooklyn Apache is offline   Reply With Quote