The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2015, 11:01 PM   #1
Azar

Azar's 69 C10 - Backyard Find

Hey all,

I guess this is where I'll begin my tale. But before I really get elbows deep in this, just a bit of backstory...In college I built a LSx/T-56 RX-7. Beyond buying the car and the motor/tranny combo outright, I basically just put everything else on credit cards, as such...Money was not a concern. Things got silly pretty quickly, I stopped counting after I put 12 or 13k into it (not including the motor and trans) It was an awesome car, but my wife and I wanted a bigger home and needed to be a bit more liquid, so I sold it 2 years ago. I had a nice lifted Jeep Cherokee that was my daily, so I still tooled around in that...until I found out I was gonna be a dad. Needed a more family friendly vehicle so I sold that a year ago. Recently, decided it was time for another fun vehicle and kinda landed on an old truck....Thus begins the tale.

Last year my company moved to a temporary location in a business park behind some homes on a busy road. When I was leaving a few months ago, I decided to go out the long way and when I did, I noticed a truck behind one of the homes.

I drove by the front of the house, no cars in the driveway. Put a mental note to check on it. I would randomly see a Saturn in front in the driveway, but never at a time when I could stop. I snapped a few pictures from the front in the suicide lane. Also, a FOR SALE sign sprung up in the front yard, so now they're trying to sell the house.

Finally, one Saturday morning the planets aligned and I was able to stop. The home owner advised that it was actually her sons (she was an older lady) and he didn't have room to store it at his house so had to have it there, but she wanted it gone to help sell her house, and his wife wanted it gone. I called him and gave him my number. He said he'd call me back the next day after he thought about it. I went out back to get a closer look.

He never called me, my sister-in-law ended up knowing him through a friend, so she sent him a message on facebook...no response. I sent him a message on facebook, no response. I decided he probably didn't wanna sell it so I moved on.

Out of the blue, almost 2 months later he asked my sister-in-law what I'd give him for it. I decided to lowball him a bit and see what happened. We ended up meeting in the middle, upon the fact that it could run and drive. He said it had been sitting almost 2 years, but it did run and drive before then. He went to move it and the brake pedal went to the floor. Sooo, one of the wheel cylinders likely leaked. It also wouldn't start, I picked up a battery and re-negotiated the deal. It fired up but wouldn't stay running.

I ended up buying it anyways. He covered the tow to my parents, and after a bit of dicking around with a missing title, he got the rest of his money and I got my title.

From there, the work started.

But first...here's a few more pics.

Last edited by Azar; 07-25-2015 at 11:10 PM.
Azar is offline   Reply With Quote