The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-04-2018, 12:37 AM   #1
Stephen717

Turn of luck

So it's been awhile since I last posted on here, I got busy for a long time in the summer and fall with odd jobs on top of landscaping, then when that all slowed down I got a job installing lights and sirens on emergency vehicles (never thought I would ever be cutting into new vehicles, so much fun). So work has kept me busy and sadly away from this website. I also took a trip to a big car show and drag racing event last year where I met a now good friend of mine. He turned me onto another guy who was telling me about his gardeners truck. He said that the truck still had good original metal on it and that the guy wanted to put all new parts on it. He talked to the guy and did some haggling the other day and the gardener agreed to let him park his car in his garage if he could get rid of the parts. So if all goes well this weekend I might be getting good doors, fenders, possibly a hood and bed for $200. The guy also said that he has a friend with a yard full of square body's, so I will also be at that guys place and might walk out of there with either a transmission, or maybe another truck. fingers crossed that I can get these parts though, I look at my 69 every day and want to get more and more done on it with very little time and money.
Stephen717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:13 AM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Turn of luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen717 View Post
So it's been awhile since I last posted on here, I got busy for a long time in the summer and fall with odd jobs on top of landscaping, then when that all slowed down I got a job installing lights and sirens on emergency vehicles (never thought I would ever be cutting into new vehicles, so much fun). So work has kept me busy and sadly away from this website. I also took a trip to a big car show and drag racing event last year where I met a now good friend of mine. He turned me onto another guy who was telling me about his gardeners truck. He said that the truck still had good original metal on it and that the guy wanted to put all new parts on it. He talked to the guy and did some haggling the other day and the gardener agreed to let him park his car in his garage if he could get rid of the parts. So if all goes well this weekend I might be getting good doors, fenders, possibly a hood and bed for $200. The guy also said that he has a friend with a yard full of square body's, so I will also be at that guys place and might walk out of there with either a transmission, or maybe another truck. fingers crossed that I can get these parts though, I look at my 69 every day and want to get more and more done on it with very little time and money.

Time and money are almost always the biggest problems. Most say if they have the time, they don't have the money and if they have the money they don't have the time....

The thing is, if you do some small thing every day or even every week, before you know it you are making good progress on the truck.

If you get some extra parts get a premium membership on here (click on the word "Subscribe" above) and sell them to get extra money to spend on your truck.

Good luck on your project and keep plugging away at it.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 12:58 AM   #3
Stephen717

Thanks, I have been doing small things whenever I can. The guy said he was busy and couldn't get the parts from his gardener this weekend but sent me pictures of the doors and they look to be in really good shape. Will keep everyone posted on how things go and will try to stay more active on here again.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:43 PM   #4
Stephen717

So as it turns out my friend wasn't lying about having parts. I got a call at 7:00 am and was on my way to silver spring MD to pick him up. We ended up in burtonsville MD where I met a man named John who was restoring his uncle's 1967 c20 farm truck. He had 2 doors, and 2 fenders (one has been repaired and the other just needs a patch panel). When we had everything loaded up he came around the corner with patch panels for the bottoms of the doors and said he was just gonna scrap everything. He said he also had a bed that was rusted out and asked if we would like to look at it to. We of course said yes. He took us back and after further inspection other than a little bit of rust that can be fixed and a big dent in each side that can be beaten out with body hammers the bed looked to be in great shape with the original light blue paint still on them. He said he would like to hold onto them until he has his new bed bolted together and on the truck but once it's on he said to come and get it. So for $200 I got 2 fenders, 2 doors, and an entire bed when he gets time to bolt his new bed on.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:40 AM   #5
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
So as it turns out my friend wasn't lying about having parts. I got a call at 7:00 am and was on my way to silver spring MD to pick him up. We ended up in burtonsville MD where I met a man named John who was restoring his uncle's 1967 c20 farm truck. He had 2 doors, and 2 fenders (one has been repaired and the other just needs a patch panel). When we had everything loaded up he came around the corner with patch panels for the bottoms of the doors and said he was just gonna scrap everything. He said he also had a bed that was rusted out and asked if we would like to look at it to. We of course said yes. He took us back and after further inspection other than a little bit of rust that can be fixed and a big dent in each side that can be beaten out with body hammers the bed looked to be in great shape with the original light blue paint still on them. He said he would like to hold onto them until he has his new bed bolted together and on the truck but once it's on he said to come and get it. So for $200 I got 2 fenders, 2 doors, and an entire bed when he gets time to bolt his new bed on.

Good deal! If a guy keeps his ears open you might be surprised what you can find.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:33 PM   #6
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
Good to see your making some progress Stephen. If that bed doesn’t work out my dad has one i bet he would let go for cheap near sweet springs store.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:24 AM   #7
Stephen717

Sweet I will keep that in mind and will definitely update about what I'm doing with the truck more. Been busy with work lately though and have forgot. Been cutting on a 2017 Chevy Tahoe to put a brush guard on the front, and am now installing a center console that will hold a computer and multiple radios to replace the stock one. Thankfully got tomorrow off and it shouldn't be to bad, 41° with minor winds, so I should be able to get some work done on the truck. Thinking about borrowing an air chisel to get the old be off, there are spots in the bed floor that are rusted through and the sides are gone but the factory bolts have stood the test of time.