The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-25-2019, 10:40 AM   #1
72c20customcamper

Refreshingly good experience with a company.

I have several knives but my go to has always been my Kershaw speedsafe. Well one day I dropped the knife while on a ladder and broke the blade. Went online to get a new one and mine seems to have been replaced with a tanto blade. So I called Kershaw and the rep said send it back we'll replace the blade for 10 $ . Asked if it would be the original blade. Guy says yup. Only difference will be the blade wont have Kershaw laser etched onto the blade.

He emails me a repair order I send it off priority mail they get it two days later. The next day I get a confermation email from Cody at Kershaw. Two weeks later I get my knife back. And it's perfect. Works like new looks like the replaced the spring assist also.

Get a form letter with the knife stating they will still replace blades but after January 1st they would be charging 17$ because of the cost of return shipping. But the will still sharpen the knife for free . Just need to pay the 7$ return shipping. Seems they never charged return shipping .

Just wanted to send out some positive feedback on a company .

And the knife I have is made in the USA.
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 12:17 PM   #2
Ironhorse

Re: Refreshingly good experience with a company.

Good on them for actual customer service which in today's world is quite rare.

In another aspect, I have a Case double bladed Folding Hunter given to me as a gift when I was a Junior in HS. Graduated in 67 so that would be more than just a few years ago, LOL. Before I retired I used to carry it to work constantly day in, day out. This would have been in late 80's or early 90's. Dropped it one day on the concrete and split the wood handle breaking off a section of the wood. Contacted Case, told them the problem and they said to send it in for repair. No mention of cost but was not really concerned about it, couldn't be much, right ? Came back about 2 weeks later, wood handle replaced with same style and look, polished and sharpened both blades, oiled and buffed the outer metal frame of the knife. Looks and works like new. NO CHARGE there also and they paid return shipping.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:48 AM   #3
Red71gmc

Re: Refreshingly good experience with a company.

A little unknown fact about Milwaukee power tools. They have a 5 year warranty that is great. We do it almost weekly for customers or the customer can simply do it online. No charge on shipping either way and a one to two week turn around. Often the tools are replaced with new.
Warranty goes off of serial number but keep your receipt of purchase as the 5 years will start later with that instead of date of manufacture.
Only one out of many not covered because it was accidentally crushed by owner. Several other user mishaps covered. They sell themselves once a customer goes through this. Smart move by Milwaukee.
Red71gmc is offline   Reply With Quote