The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-01-2004, 10:54 AM   #1
OverRunWithSons

Wanted: Parts to change electric tailgate to Winders for '88 Suburban...

My husband is looking at spending over $350 plus shipping from LMC ? parts to do this job. So before we do this, thought I would come on here and see if ANYONE who lives near us (Western PA, 1 hour from Pittsburgh & close to Ohio line) has a tailgate with winders for Sale , or these parts cheaper, they do not have to be new, just workable. He also needs some part that has rusted out & he is at work now so I have no clue, but eventually we also want to change all the electirc windows to winders too. If you have any ideas to get these parts cheaper, please post on here. Thanks so much!
OverRunWithSons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 08:01 PM   #2
Dropped90Burb

When you say winders do you mean crank windows?? If so why do you want those instead of electric?? Just curious!!
Dropped90Burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 09:51 AM   #3
OverRunWithSons

Yes, I mean regular winders like for windows. We prefer Manual windows, MUCH less maintenace and I personally hate having to turn the vehicle on to get a window down. There is plenty of problems to go wrong with Vehicles, I don't see the need to fix windows when they refuse to work or need new motors, etc. The only reason we bought this older Suburband is cause it has a Stick in it which is almost impossible to find today, knowing these electric windows had to go. Already a motor needs replaced in one of the 4 doors. I think we will wait for #2 to go to replace all those. What a pain in the butt.
OverRunWithSons is offline   Reply With Quote