The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
joe1966

Exclamation 1966 chevy c10 HELP!

Im having the worst problems with my 66 chevy c10. it has a 350 small block with an hei distrib. i am so lost on this thing. i went to put a push button in a while back with a toogle switch to turn on my acc etc and then push and then start. then i took a couple plug wires off for another truck. got some new ones today. those are all good.it sat for a while i put some gas straight into the carb to see if it would fire. nothing . im not sure if its a wiring problem.i did take the starter off and then i took the plug off the fire wall. it only has like 3 wires? i has a purple and a red and a white black looking one. and then theres like a couplke green but there for temp gauge i think?. so the green ones are snipped. ever since i took the starter off with the firewall plug. everything is down hill from there.:/. i need some serious help. i know quite a bit of mechanic stuff but wiring totally messes with my head hahaha. im am debating on calling a mechanic but i am not that kind of person. if you know what i mean! well i do need help a.s.a.p!. the wires that are on the firewall plug are red,purple and white.( then the green ones) do any of thosee plug into the HEI distributor? and do u think that the rotor inside the hei is no good? i have no clue. thanks for all replys!
joe1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
PrerunnerRob

Re: 1966 chevy c10 HELP!

Have you Checked for 12v+ power at the coil when everything is on?
Posted via Mobile Device
PrerunnerRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:53 AM   #3
b2948kevin

Re: 1966 chevy c10 HELP!

Yeah, I agree with Joe. You're going to have to get out the digital multimeter and test to see if you're getting power to the coil with your key on.
b2948kevin is offline   Reply With Quote