The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-20-2020, 12:52 AM   #1
69Tom

1972 medium green interior

So the medium green two-tone (white top) on my just picked up 72 K10 is growing on me. And being a sucker for making a truck original to how it came from the factory, I'm starting to lean that way for it's color .

The original interior was also medium green. Except I don't have a code for it. Does anyone have the correct name of that color interior and trim code? I'd like a custom deluxe cloth/vinyl seat cover; too hot in Phx for just vinyl.

I'm having a hard time finding paint codes and trim codes lately on here. Maybe I'm just not running the right searches (for instance, I can only find the paint codes for the solid colors, not two tones).

Thanks.
69Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 01:16 AM   #2
CS1972

Re: 1972 medium green interior

This may shed some light............
Attached Images

1972 Cheyenne Super 1/2 ton LWB 4x4 - Grapefruit Yellow / White
CS1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 01:17 AM   #3
69Tom

Ah perfect. That second illusive page. Thanks!
Old 03-20-2020, 09:04 AM   #4
jocko

What trim level is your truck, Custom (base) or Cheyenne? (asking because you want to upgrade to Custom Deluxe cloth, a good call in any hot state(!) - both Custom and Cheyenne had vinyl). Note that the Custom Deluxe seat cover was only available in black, blue, parchment, or olive - so if you have a Custom trim level with green door panels, etc, won't be a match. If you have a Custom trim level with black interior, then that's straightforward, you'd simply want to get a black Custom Deluxe seat cover. Same logic goes for parchment. The matching problem arises if you happen to have a medium green base truck with the original green door panels and other associated green trim - olive isn't a good match. So a wholesale interior vinyl color change may be in order to make it look factory. If you post your SPID and a picture of your interior that would help.
For Custom Deluxe seat cover, the trim codes are:
601 black
607 blue
629 olive
660 parchment
jocko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:50 AM   #5
69Tom

It was originally Custom based on the 1 door panel I still have from the truck. I can pretty much have the interior any color I want, but want to keep it stock aside from the cover, which I see is an issue.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:49 AM   #6
jocko

In that case, I think parchment interior with parchment custom deluxe seat cover would look awesome... Black perfectly appropriate too. Olive on Med Green is an acquired taste, one I haven’t acquired just yet, but I have seen some like that and some folks like that combo - so comes down to whatever you prefer. Fun project! Keep in mind the cost of visors, dash pad, etc. With all that said, you could also have a green vinyl (ie the original green base level color vinyl) seat sewn up with cloth inserts that match the green (although the inserts likely wouldn’t match the original Custom Deluxe pattern exactly) - but that would give it a custom look that will look like something the factory “should have done” if done tastefully. With that approach, you’d likely pay more for the seat cover but then only need one door panel in the original green (if your one door panel is green). Also keep in mind a parchment or custom version of highlander plaid is an option too.

Last edited by jocko; 03-20-2020 at 12:55 PM.
jocko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 01:07 PM   #7
69Tom

Thanks. Maybe I'll just go with either a parchment or black interior then, seeing as I'll be using a tilt column with automatically gives the interior a bunch of black parts.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:44 AM   #8
lks dcvn

parchment looks good when it all comes together - sandalwood dash pad and column - tan carpet - parchment seats, door panels and console...

I've been piecing a parchment interior together for a few years now - looking for OEM parts that are in decent shape so I don't need to restore anything.

There are 72 medium green (aqua to some) interior parts in the for sale section right now if you go that route - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=793987
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:46 PM   #9
69Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lks dcvn View Post
parchment looks good when it all comes together - sandalwood dash pad and column - tan carpet - parchment seats, door panels and console...

I've been piecing a parchment interior together for a few years now - looking for OEM parts that are in decent shape so I don't need to restore anything.

There are 72 medium green (aqua to some) interior parts in the for sale section right now if you go that route - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=793987
I really like the look of parchment. However, it seems like it might be a bad idea for a truck in terms of getting really dirty, no? Also, as I'll be going with a tilt column, the column, steering wheel, and dash pad is automatically black. Did they go with a black carpet in this case, or stick with the tan?

Also, it doesn't seem like Cars Inc. has a parchment cloth cover, unless this is what they're calling "beige". Any place to get it aside from SMS?
Old 04-15-2020, 07:58 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

I think the olive would look awesome. Might seem like an unlikely combo at first, but with everything freshy fresh I bet that thing would look sexy. I would never try to sway you with my opinion, just offering more perspective. I like to take what most would think wouldn't look good and show them just how good it can look.

Since olive isn't original for your truck, I wouldn't worry about the column being original black. I like to match the column and wheel to the interior on trucks that aren't 100% original. I feel it's a case of doing it right looks wrong and doing it wrong looks right. It was probably economic reasons they did only black. Or piloting how things went in '73 to only black steering wheels

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 04-15-2020 at 08:09 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:29 AM   #11
69Tom

Hmm. I think I’d need a pic of that first. Haha. That’s a lot of contrasting green.