The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
wahlie

Re-wiring... costs?

Ok guys,
one thing that I don't think I will tackle myself is re-wiring... Can anyone give me the going rate to have a truck rewired? I'm in Connecticut. Not sure if there is anyone local from the board that does this.. Just trying to get some figures so I can start saving.

Thanks,
Chris
wahlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:13 PM   #2
sandking
.....I am working on it.....

Re: Re-wiring... costs?

Pretty easy to do your self. Buy the kit from LMC or others. Basically just plug in at aech connection. I would guess a shop rate at least $75 per hour.
View my build thread HERE
sandking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:42 AM   #3
see ten
WTB this ad

My lil brother and I rewired my wifes 54 ( I mostly just pulled wires and stayed out of the way). It wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be...but it was intimidating as hades to start!
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:58 AM   #4
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

I would say buy one and install it yourself....I was terrified by it at first, but took it slow and asked lots of questions.....be sure to save your old harness just in case you need connectors (pending on which harness you buy). Auto wire just came out with one, Painless has one, M&H has one.....pretty abundant, just do your research....

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
mbgmike

We install and are dealers for most wiring harnesses. We install for anywhere from $250 to $300 depending on vehicle. More if we have to remove all the panels and has 4 door power windows and stuff. Trucks are easy. I would install them yourself. You have access to all the help you will ever need right here. While you may be intimidated at first its really easy to do. Just have to have your mind right and have the time to concentrate. No Hangovers
I've ran into issues with every mfg but they can be fixed. I don't reccomend doing a real late model truck or car thats why I say these trucks are easy to do.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
mclairmo

I rewired my 67 Camaro from bumper to bumper with a Painless kit and it was fine. Had to call tech support once but no major problems. Also rewired a friend's Harley myself. I will do my 68 C10 myself, too. You can do it yourself, just set aside plenty of time and go slow. Realize that it will take lots of time to do right and that you will run into some bumps along the way. Call tech or ask here and you will get through it fine.
mclairmo is offline   Reply With Quote