The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
TonyJohnson

Scored pretty well today.

Scored pretty nicely today and met a cool truck guy. Picked up these two doors for $150. I'll have to cut the top channel to make'em blazer doors, but they are pretty clean with just surface rust. The door panels are pretty decent and all the glass and internals are there and work. And get this, he game me the key...

Old 06-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Re: Scored pretty well today.

Nice score, if you sell the 67-68 trim and stuff they'll be even cheaper for ya
Posted via Mobile Device

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
67c10rustbuket

Look like some nice '67 doors. Passenger door has a '68+ vent window assembly. Feel free to send me the mirror arm, door handles, and trim. Oh what the heck they dont match your truck, just send the whole doors to me Nice score!

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
TonyJohnson

Yeah, I noticed the difference in the vent windows. It is also tinted on the one vent window. Gotta look closer, but it didn't look like film and is a weird color. I'm going to break the driver door down today and I'll get better pics of them both. Really floored me how heavy these puppys are...
Old 06-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
Lemield

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyJohnson View Post
Yeah, I noticed the difference in the vent windows. It is also tinted on the one vent window. Gotta look closer, but it didn't look like film and is a weird color. I'm going to break the driver door down today and I'll get better pics of them both. Really floored me how heavy these puppys are...
Hey TonyJohnson,

I'm close to you in Arvada. I have a door jack/holding/installation tool that will make hanging those doors a breeze. I bought it to do the door pin bushings on my trucks....you are more than welcome to borrow it....let me know if you want to.

Also, did you buy those doors from the dude (P.J) that advertises on Craiglist?

Just curious.....

1949 Willys CJ2A, Kubota Turbo Diesel engine, Warn Overdrive, 11 inch brakes, 12volt, Warn M8000 Winch "Little Green"
1970 Rustoleum Roller Red C20 Custom Camper 454 TH400 "Big Red"
1971 K20 6.2 Turbo Diesel 4x4 4spd Ranger Overdrive "Pumpkin Wagon"
2005 VW Beetle Diesel 44+ MPG "Silver Bullet"
Lemield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
TonyJohnson

Wow, that sounds great, Larry. I'll take you up on that.

Actually, I got them from a really cool guy named Robert that is also in Arvada. He's got a pretty much stripped cab, frame and bed from a 67 long bed that he's getting ready to scrap for just 250. I found the doors through his ad on Craigs. He also has some parts still listed and the ad has his number. I don't have any interest in the sale, but he really wanted the parts to be used by someone who cared and just needs the truck gone. I gave him PJ's name as a possible since I know he buys a lot. Here's a link to the ad. It has his number. http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/3877871486.html

I've bought from PJ before, as well. Pretty cool and has LOTS of stuff of varying quality.

We'll have to meet up sometime for lunch or beers. Do you know any of the other local guys on the Colorado board? I used to be more active and went on a cruise, but most of them seem to be in Ft. Collins.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
Lemield

Thanks for the reply Tony....we should get together sometime and swap truck stories....Just PM me when you want to borrow the door tool and we can get together. I have corresponded a bit with the Colorado guys...and I know a couple of them but don't see them much on the board anymore. Looked like they were trying for July 20th for a get together...found a thread on the Colorado forum....I'd be interested....

1949 Willys CJ2A, Kubota Turbo Diesel engine, Warn Overdrive, 11 inch brakes, 12volt, Warn M8000 Winch "Little Green"
Old 06-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
TonyJohnson

Cool. I'll check out the thread.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #9
TonyJohnson

As good as this board has been for me over the years, I decided to re-up my paid membership. Eventually I'll be posting the trim and the other door stuff I have left over in the ad section. Thanks to everyone who's helped me. This is a great board!
Old 06-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #10
Murphy IRE

Hmmmmm! What is that tool for the doors? I put two doors on my truck and I've got to align both! Yes, we are trying a GTG for the 20th. I'm looking for a site on the north side of town; that would allow us to park the trucks and have some fun.
Murphy IRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #11
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Here's a quick tip for hanging doors.Get a set of the sawhorse brackets.Use 8 ft 2X4's and assemble one sawhorse.Use a ratchet style tie down strap to lift lower adjust the door to hang it.This probably wont work with a Blazer door but you could probably make a clamp or jig to hook to.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #12
TonyJohnson

Thanks guys, I've been crazy busy so far this summer and it's HOT here. I'm currently over-thinking the issue of tearing them completely down and cutting/rebuilding from scratch or just cutting and hanging. The mechs work pretty well as is. Of course I need all the channels and scrapers. Seems like it makes sense to hang them built, so the weight won't change how they hang. but it would probably be a LOT easier to hang them as a shell and then build them.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #13
Lemield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy IRE View Post
Hmmmmm! What is that tool for the doors? I put two doors on my truck and I've got to align both! Yes, we are trying a GTG for the 20th. I'm looking for a site on the north side of town; that would allow us to park the trucks and have some fun.
Hey Sean,

You are more than welcome to borrow it...just let me know. It holds the doors very well and makes the job so much easier. I could bring it to the GTG....