The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-08-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
blown240

Suggestions for Panel Truck

I have a 61 Panel and I want to put a nice stereo in it. I already have a nice Eclipse head unit, a couple 2 channel amps, a JL 10w3, and a couple Fosgate P2 8" subs.

My goal is to have a nice sounding setup that doesn't scream steel me when someone looks in the window. Also, I have never done a stereo in something that has as much interior volume as this truck.

I am looking for some installation ideas, and some speaker suggestions in the $50ish range. I had some old Boston Acoustics I really liked, but Im not sure if the new ones are as good.

As you can see in the pics someone has already cut up the original radio spot in the dash. I am thinking about filling this and putting some gauges or switches there, and putting the head unit in the glove box or under the seat to keep it out of view. Also, the back of the truck is lined in wood. I could mount speakers in the wood, or put them in boxes. Again, looking for sound quality and something not too tempting for thieves.

I listen to mostly rock, and like tight bass.

PICS:

Old 02-12-2015, 01:58 PM   #2
4shongo

Re: Suggestions for Panel Truck

I would install a DIN radio in the dash to cover that hack job up first. Build two custom boxes for a couple of 10" subs to fit behind each rear wheel well. Screw them down to the floor, may stop or at least slow down the thieves. Just my thoughts. Nice ride!
4shongo is offline   Reply With Quote