The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
HavinSomeFun
Still Just Havin Some Fun!

Local Cruise in (pictures)

This is the once a month cruise in at the local Sonic.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
HavinSomeFun

Re: Local Cruise in (pictures)

a few more

and of course all the smart ones were looking at my truck!
Old 07-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
wild4wheels

Sweet, looks like a good time! Thanks for sharing!

Current truck
"Ida Mae" 71 K5 Blazer

Former Trucks
"Loretta" 71 Longbed (AZ)
"Tanya" 69 Stepside (AZ)
"Ferdinand" 71 Longhorn (SD)
"Patches" 67 Panel (IA/ KY)
"Rosita" 68 C30 (KY)

Instagram @Wildforwheels @k5_klub @c10university

Profile pic provided by Jeff Sundance
wild4wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
HavinSomeFun

Even a FOMOCO or two

Old 07-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #5
HavinSomeFun

last one
Old 07-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #6
VWBeamer

Thanks
VWBeamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:26 PM   #7
o6r1man

I wish we had something like that around here! It would give me more motivation!!
2012 Denali HD dmax
o6r1man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:29 PM   #8
big_al_71

thanks for sharing

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #9
HavinSomeFun

Quote:
Originally Posted by o6r1man View Post
I wish we had something like that around here! It would give me more motivation!!
only takes one person to start it.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #10
colin_havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by o6r1man View Post
I know that feeling. 2 years ago I lived in Southaven, MS and the hotrodders came out in force when they heard about a cruise in or show. This was just south of Memphis, TN, so there were alot of oppertunities to get together with other gearheads. There was a cruise in at the local Sonic EVERY sunday in the summer where a good 50 or 60 cars showed up, shows most weekends, and plenty of cruise ins during the week and at night on the weekends. You could always find something to do, and the people we welcoming to everyone.

Then i moved to Mountain Home, AR. Not as many things going on, and his area is a retirement community. The croud is not a mix of ages and styles, its all retired men with their restored cars and trucks. Some of them are nice, but Im now the outsider being as Im 31 and not 65, and I dont have an all origional vehicle. There are still some that embrace all that is hotrodding and building adn customising vehicles, but not many. You would think that these guys would realise that the future of the automotible culture is in the younger generation, but instead they shun or ignore those that are not in their little group. Its sad really.

So I turn to the the few local guys I do know that are into the true spirit of things, that dont discriminate because your ride is a different style than theirs, and just enjoy hanging out and wrenching on something. We get together, modivate each other, and work on each others rides helping one another. I also have made sure to hit up some big shows, where i have met several people from all over that have become good friends. We chat over facebook or on forums, pushing each other to not give up on building our dream rides. We meet up at shows, hang out, and have a great time. Its a shame I cannot have the same type of car buddies here locally, but until some of these "car snobs" get their head out of theri ass and reaise there is more out there, the automotive scene here will eventually die out. People have a problem wanting to hang out with those that act like they do not want them around.

Dont get me wrong, not everyone I meet is like that around here. Some of the guys are great, and are genuiinely interested in helping the younger guys learn, as well as learn about some of the things we do to ours that is so different. But unfortunately that is not the norm around here. It really discourages the younger guys from coming out and being a part of the local car scene. Guess its a good thing I can be stubborn as hell, as I love going to local shows and taking tropies from those same guys that shunned me for not having an all origional vehicle
colin_havens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #11
o6r1man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavinSomeFun View Post
only takes one person to start it.
I have told myself that once I get my el camino done I will try to get something started in the way of a monthly cruise in. Hope by next summer that will happen. Dont fill like starting anything that I couldn't be a part of.
2012 Denali HD dmax
o6r1man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #12
Ole Greenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin_havens View Post
I know that feeling. 2 years ago I lived in Southaven, MS and the hotrodders came out in force when they heard about a cruise in or show. This was just south of Memphis, TN, so there were alot of oppertunities to get together with other gearheads. There was a cruise in at the local Sonic EVERY sunday in the summer where a good 50 or 60 cars showed up, shows most weekends, and plenty of cruise ins during the week and at night on the weekends. You could always find something to do, and the people we welcoming to everyone.

Then i moved to Mountain Home, AR. Not as many things going on, and his area is a retirement community. The croud is not a mix of ages and styles, its all retired men with their restored cars and trucks. Some of them are nice, but Im now the outsider being as Im 31 and not 65, and I dont have an all origional vehicle. There are still some that embrace all that is hotrodding and building adn customising vehicles, but not many. You would think that these guys would realise that the future of the automotible culture is in the younger generation, but instead they shun or ignore those that are not in their little group. Its sad really.

So I turn to the the few local guys I do know that are into the true spirit of things, that dont discriminate because your ride is a different style than theirs, and just enjoy hanging out and wrenching on something. We get together, modivate each other, and work on each others rides helping one another. I also have made sure to hit up some big shows, where i have met several people from all over that have become good friends. We chat over facebook or on forums, pushing each other to not give up on building our dream rides. We meet up at shows, hang out, and have a great time. Its a shame I cannot have the same type of car buddies here locally, but until some of these "car snobs" get their head out of theri ass and reaise there is more out there, the automotive scene here will eventually die out. People have a problem wanting to hang out with those that act like they do not want them around.

Dont get me wrong, not everyone I meet is like that around here. Some of the guys are great, and are genuiinely interested in helping the younger guys learn, as well as learn about some of the things we do to ours that is so different. But unfortunately that is not the norm around here. It really discourages the younger guys from coming out and being a part of the local car scene. Guess its a good thing I can be stubborn as hell, as I love going to local shows and taking tropies from those same guys that shunned me for not having an all origional vehicle
Much of this very same smugness I too have experienced here in Augusta, GA. I have attended car shows in Calif where there was moch more friendliness and openess. You walk up to a car here in Augusta and the guy and wife don't really want to talk to you or even show you their car/truck. This begs the question..."What are you doing here?" I want to ask them but then I would be just as wrong as they are.

We have some pretty nice cars out here to...a few C-2s, a Mustang Shelby GT500E, a couple 69 Camaro's made for the Trans Am Circuit and stuff like that as well as some older stuff. Not many trucks here so when I pull in with my pretty nice truck, and it really is nice, I feel the aura of smugness here too...in the south. I sometimes wonder if it is like that because they are tired of fielding questions and saying the same stuff over and over again. I don't know but heck, I let everyone sit in my truck...especially the kids. They love trucks! Here is a pic...

My Mistress
70 CST Short/Step
LS 5.3/4L65E
New motor install Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=667773
Ole Greenie is offline   Reply With Quote