The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
cochino12
It followed me home?

Those of you with burb tanks, filler neck?

Just wondering what you guys that are running suburban/blazer tanks are doing for fuel doors and filler necks? Pictures would be great, thanks

That's why they call it a shortcut Kyle, if it was easy it would just be the way.

86 c-10 SWB
85 CCSB
90 GMC K30 Crew SRW
1985 C30 Dually
cochino12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Those of you with burb tanks, filler neck?

I will be doing this swap sometime this summer myself, and there are a couple of ways to do it.

1. You can mod the 90* fill up the stock tank has to straight up, and weld a filler nozzle on it. Or just use a small section of hose, and hose clamps. So the fill up is on the bottom of the bed. Pretty cool if your truck is a cruiser, or you don't work it very often.

2. Cut you stock filler panel out, and weld it into the section you want it to be. In california where I live this still causes the fill up problems many of us are having. Though you probably move it higher in the bed to work a bit better for all I know.

3. You could run the pipe straight up into the bed along the inside of the bed, and fab up a cover that protects the pipe. Plus provides the base to mount the filler nozzle area. This is what I plan to do as I have seen a couple on the internet done this way, and with my planned soft tonneau. It will be clean looking. Although I am still looking for different ways to do it, and ones that maybe better for my wants. I just haven't seen it yet.

Boating supply companies have tons of filler sections, and that come in a few different angles. Straight, 45*, and 90*.

Also I would look at how new cars get filled up as the system is now designed for them, and not our older rides. So when I get back to a bit more research this is my next avenue to explore.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
cochino12
It followed me home?

anyone else?

That's why they call it a shortcut Kyle, if it was easy it would just be the way.

86 c-10 SWB
85 CCSB
90 GMC K30 Crew SRW
1985 C30 Dually
cochino12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
bohmankid

I dunno if you've read this thread already, but there are some pretty cool things some guys posted up in there: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=439895
bohmankid is offline   Reply With Quote