The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-24-2016, 02:58 AM   #1
SIXXX T

First timer from Reno - 60 C10 panel

Hello . glad to find such a helpful site with so much information , im working on my 60 C10 panel that I've had for 4 hrs now. Its a slow going project mostly due to the fact its my daily driver , so whatever I choose to do on the weekends needs to be buttoned up come Monday morning to get to work. I pulled the 6 cyl 3 speed and stuck a nice 350/350 in. Going to put an overdrive trans in next year. I just put power brakes in it , and even tho I still have drum brakes it made stopping a little easier. I've purchased a mustang 2 rack & pinion set up for it but haven't been able to get the time needed to install. Will be happy to get that torsion bar set up out of the way to fit my headers and tuck my pipes up for better clearance..
I bought seats out of a 2012 challenger SRT that are the most comfortable seats I've ever had in any car.
I'm sure I'll be hanging around here a lot getting some good useful ideas and help . thanks for letting me be a part of your community that shares a common interest.
Kevin C. Reno,NV.
Attached Images

SIXXX T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:10 AM   #2
wilkin250r

Re: First timer from Reno - 60 C10 panel

From a fellow local, welcome to the site! You've got a beautiful truck.

Working on a daily driver definitely has it's challenges that many people don't realize. Not only does it limit your time for projects, but it also means any upgrade or fix you put on HAS to be perfect the first time. If you're upgrading the brakes, you can't just finish it up next week. I don't have time to fab up a bracket in the next couple days and get it welded on. It needs to fit and it needs to function right now.

Good luck with the project and keep us updated!