The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-12-2015, 03:38 AM   #1
pugs

F100/600 flatbed

well its been awhile since I worked on a project with just life kids and grandkids and of course working. Last March my older brother passed away and we had been talking about building a 61-66 Ford truck. Of course we never got the chance to do it. so after selling off the 71 dodge truck buying a new bike this past summer and new grandson in August 4 days before my Birthday, it was time for a project. I had this 65 custom cab sitting outside for 22 years, I had knocked on the door now and then but never talked to anyone about . So one day while out driving around I went by and finally got the chance to talk to the owner and struck a deal to get it out of his yard. As we all know looks are deceiving and while tearing it down I just kept finding more rust on the cab and started looking for one a lot nicer. While out and about hitting different yards and contacting the ford guy I know but no luck. So I took a chance and hit one yard I ben to a year or so ago with my one buddy remembering the guy had a few big trucks there. Snooping around I came upon this 61 F600 and the cab fit the bill. struck a deal and for just a few extra bucks he delivered the cab to me and yes I got the complete front clip too. So looking at the whole thing I said what the hell lets see if we can make it work with the stub nose front clip. scored a cleaned up and 69 chevy lwb chassis and the fun began. after lots of moving the cab up down front and back I have it set to where Im satisfied and made new cab mounts and now looking to see what I want to do for the engine and trans, stick, auto, inline 6 or a rear sump V8. I have ford inline 6 here now but will would need to change to a rear sump for it to work in the chassis. for the V8 I would have to do some trimming to the floor and hump area for clearance as with the 6 banger it would be very little to do but get it sitting just right for it to work out. I will have to get more pics later and update as I keep forgetting to take the camera out to the garage with me. Oh I would have gone a few more inches higher with the cab but them it wouldn't been able to get it out of the garage

Name:  100_1500.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  64.0 KB

Name:  100_1496.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  34.5 KB

Name:  GetAttachment.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  34.9 KB

Name:  100_1619.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  18.8 KB

Name:  100_1617.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  25.6 KB
Old 02-13-2015, 08:07 PM   #2
pugs

Re: F100/600 flatbed

few more pics

Name:  100_1630.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  41.2 KB

Name:  100_1631.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  25.1 KB

Name:  100_1632.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  41.9 KB

Name:  100_1633.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  24.3 KB

Name:  100_1638.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  34.2 KB
Old 03-06-2015, 01:01 AM   #3
pugs

Re: F100/600 flatbed

well the weather really sucks around here. been slowly working on the truck. I did redo the mounts and raised the cab up another inch or so. I decided to go with an inline 240 ford engine as I had one here but do need to swap out the oil pan and sump from a 300 inline so I can get the engine in the correct place to make the frame mounts. I will get pics soon as I keep forgetting to take the camera out in the garage with me.