The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2016, 11:44 PM   #1
LRodgers

Frankenstein truck

This project started as a 63 short bed step side extremely rusty sheet metal. And a 66 c20 plus a 73 donor truck. So began the Frankenstein truck. My dad who has been building hot rods for over 30 years decided it was time for us to work on a truck. I wanted a daily driver, and him being my dad wanted it to be safe. We installed power steering, disc brakes, new seat belts, with a 6 cylinder and turbo 350 automatic. We used the frame from the 63 short bed, and the axel and suspension from the 73. The body is from the 66 and we shortened the long bed fleet side box -12 inches in the front -8 inches in the back. We used a CPP 3/5 drop. The girl in me came out when it was time to decorate, and the Frankenstein theme was on point with the project. Our family friend Fofin (FO-feen) did the pin-striping, ill be sure to post more detailed pictures soon. Nice to meet you all, my name is Lily and ill keep you guys updated with what we are doing next.
LRodgers is offline   Reply With Quote