The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
cleszkie

Whats It Worth (Not a For Sale Ad)

I am looking to lighten my stash of some arguably hard to locate pieces in order to help fund my aftermarket A/C install. This is not a "for sale ad", just trying to get an idea of what asking prices should be when I do post in for sale section. The parts I am looking to unload are:

Original paint, rust free windshield frame cut at bottom of A-pillars (no bondo, primer, or repaint cover-up).

Single wall top chrome hold-down strips (pair). These go between the fiberglass and the bolt heads and are about 3 inches wide and as long as the bed rail. Good chrome, no bends or dents.

Rear Blazer cargo pannel upper chrome retainer strips (pair). These get screwed to the side of the bed rails and hold the top of the cargo panels. Similar to the door panel upper retainer strips on pre-72 trucks. Minor surface rust, one has a 1/16th inch hole drilled in it, no bends.

Rear Blazer cargo pannel supports (full set). Step ladder shapped supports that go between the bed wall and the cargo panel. Rust free, perfect.

Blazer door caps (plastic, pair). Original set, some wear on black paint showing white plastic beneath. These are re-popped now, so probably not a big seller.

Blazer hard top hatch with all the glass and working guts. Has crack in middle of lower cross bar which does not go all the way through. Outside fixed with fiberglass, inside reinforced with flat aluminum bar stock and riveted in place. Good re-paint, was my daily driver until I bought another top.

Upper and lower backing plates for a swing away tire carrier. Upper plate is curved to fit with metal rod attached to install through side marker openning. All tapped threads good. Lower plate fits inside contour of lower fender. The real thing, not home fabbed knock-offs.

I know that all of you that read this are saying where are the pictures? I don't want to post any here, and I am not taking offers here. I will post pictures and take offers when I sell the parts. Just looking for ballpark ideas for prices based on the descriptions above. Thanks.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
1949gmc

Re: Whats It Worth (Not a For Sale Ad)

When I put my w/s frame up for sale, I asked either $200 or $225 plus shipping for it and it got snapped up fast. The guy who bought turned around and offered it for sale right away for $500. I'd say somewhere in between would be a good price.

The cargo panel supports I got $25 plus shipping, which might've been a little on the light side...... not sure.
1949gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
72Levi

That's right
Posted via Mobile Device
2008 Buick Enclave AWD, Nav, & DVD, Wife LOVES it!
72Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
bigbadchev72
People know me

I was also wondering a ballpark on the chrome strips for the top. Did you ever figure out a price for these?
1972 k/5 blazer CST 4X4 Crate 350, th350/205, dana44with trac-loc/14 bolt with detroit locker, 4 wheel discs 4.56s, 8" suspension lift using 73-87springs, 1" zerorate custom front crossmember, HAD CV drivelines and driveshaft e-brake, full cage, PRP seats, Full autometer gauges, 38x14.5x16 Toyo M/Ts, 16x10 Polished aluminum rockcrusher wheels

1967 longbox 4x4, Strong 400/400/208, 44/12bolt 4.10s, 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/Ts on corvette rally wheels
bigbadchev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:01 PM   #5
drunkbus

I believe the single wall hold down strips are stainless but I could be wrong. I've seen a few sets go for around $80.
drunkbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
tubbedII
needs more $$$

I just paid $65 shipped for the cargo risers and bottom hold downs on the classifieds. Probably a little over priced, but they don't come up very often and when they do, they get snatched up fast. Last year I paid $45 for decent set of the top strips that hold the rear panels. Good luck on the sales.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #7
cleszkie

Wow. Old post coming back to life. It should be noted that all the stuff in my original post is gone.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #8
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Haha..didn't realize the dates on the previous posts...my bad..