The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM   #1
cericd

1970 Texas Inspection Sticker

I looked at the various sections of the forum and couldn't find a section that this request would truly fit in so I'm posting it here hoping someone may have what I'm looking for.

I'm trying to find some clear images, preferably shot straight on, front and back, of a 1970 Texas Vehicle Inspection sticker. It would be ideal if someone has an actual sticker they could scan or photograph. There is a company out there that reproduces these but I believe their sticker could be improved upon for the 1970 year. I have searched the web and came up with only two examples of what I believe to be actual 1970 stickers. When compared to the reproduction sticker I see the following defects, incorrect fonts, incorrectly sized fonts, wrong Texas seal, Wilson E Speir was the Director of the The Texas Department of Public Safety not the "Secretary," and possibly incorrect sizing of the sticker itself.

I have already begun correcting these issues in Adobe Illustrator but I need a clearer image of that Texas seal and Mr. Speir's signature. Also, I don't know what the back of the sticker looked like but would like to replicate it if possible.

Here are the two "original" examples I found along with the repop at the bottom.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

My 1970 SWB C/10 - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=534872

Last edited by cericd; Yesterday at 10:09 PM. Reason: clarification
cericd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #2
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: 1970 Texas Inspection Sticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cericd View Post
I looked at the various sections of the forum and couldn't find one that this thread would truly fit in so I'm posting it here hoping someone may have what I'm looking for.

I'm trying to find some clear images, preferably shot straight on, front and back, of a 1970 Texas Vehicle Inspection sticker. It would be ideal if someone has an actual sticker they could scan or photograph. There is a company out there that reproduces these but I believe their sticker could be improved upon for the 1970 year. I have searched the web and came up with only two examples of what I believe to be actual 1970 stickers. When compared to the reproduction sticker I see the following defects, incorrect fonts, incorrectly sized fonts, wrong Texas seal, Wilson E Speir was the Director of the The Texas Department of Public Safety not the "Secretary," and possibly incorrect sizing of the sticker itself.

I have already begun correcting these issues in Adobe Illustrator but I need a clearer image of that Texas seal and Mr. Speir's signature. Also, I don't know what the back of the sticker looked like but would like to replicate it if possible.

Here are the two "original" examples I found along with the repop at the bottom.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The thread was called
year of manufacture license plates...

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM   #3
cericd

Re: 1970 Texas Inspection Sticker

Yep. I'm familiar with that thread but this thread is specifically about me looking for detailed images of a 1970 Texas Vehicle Inspection sticker.

My 1970 SWB C/10 - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=534872

Last edited by cericd; Yesterday at 10:08 PM. Reason: clarification
cericd is offline   Reply With Quote