The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-12-2015, 08:16 PM   #1
Possmguts

SBC with Long W/P....

Hey guys, Im running a 96 350 with the long W/P.
Bought a new HO polished aluminum pump and this one has a longer nose.. its not gonna allow for belt alignment without changing some other stuff. Will have to space out the PS pump and I havnt bought Alt or brackets yet so..

Also going to have to grind a wee bit around the inside edge thats against the timing cover on the left side as it wont allow the pump to go tight to the block.

Was just wondering if anyone else is running the Weiland 9240p pump, and if so what have you done to get everything lined up and fit right?
Attached Images

67 Short Bed under major construction
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=651356&page=8

Last edited by Possmguts; 12-12-2015 at 08:33 PM.
Possmguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 12:29 AM   #2
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: SBC with Long W/P....

If you simply get the correct alternator and power steering pump brackets for that particular long water pump and the pulleys, everything should line up. Are you trying to use the PS pump brackets for the short pump? Sometime that will work and other times not. If you are installing this into your '67, why are you not using the short water pump as should be used in the '72 and earlier trucks?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 12:32 AM   #3
Possmguts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
If you simply get the correct alternator and power steering pump brackets for that particular long water pump and the pulleys, everything should line up. Are you trying to use the PS pump brackets for the short pump? Sometime that will work and other times not. If you are installing this into your '67, why are you not using the short water pump as should be used in the '72 and earlier trucks?
Im only replacing the cast iron long pump with the polished aluminum one... but the nose is longer on the aluminum one... The truck came with the 96 350 with the long pump setup

Old 12-13-2015, 12:51 AM   #4
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

That doesn't mean you can't install the correct short water pump. A '96 350 is still a small block.

If the aluminum one is too long, I would either contact Weiand or just send it back and get the correct water pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possmguts View Post
Im only replacing the cast iron long pump with the polished aluminum one... but the nose is longer on the aluminum one... The truck came with the 96 350 with the long pump setup
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 01:09 AM   #5
Possmguts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
That doesn't mean you can't install the correct short water pump. A '96 350 is still a small block.

If the aluminum one is too long, I would either contact Weiand or just send it back and get the correct water pump.
Ill look at some other options I guess and see what I can do.. but while I have your attention I have another question after noticing some of the stuff you offer at your sig.

Im running the new updated CPP drop spindles that allow the disks and calipers for 71-72 but retain the 67 steering linkage. Im looking to find out if I can find modular hubs, disks with the same measurements as OEM 71-72. Someone was telling me they thought Impalas was what I needed to look at. If I can find drilled ans slotted rotors with the modular hubs that will allow me to use the Wilwood 4 piston factory replacement calipers that would be great. I have the Wilwood rear setup installed and want to match the front.