The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-16-2004, 12:37 AM   #1
1970blazin
Blazerless:-(

Progress pics- Blazer!!!

My hubby and his friend installed the A-1 power windows kit and the CD player, DVD player, 10.5" flip down flat screen!!! It is awesome! The TV looks better than the one in my house! We only hooked up the 6x9's in the front doors and the sound is awesome. There will be 2 more 6x9's in the rear cargo panels. I am soooooo excited!!!
Diane

The pics look a little weird because it was so dark. I will take better pics later.
Attached Images

1970 CST Blazer-Orig. Dark Blue-SOLD

Progress Pics of Blazer for sale
1970blazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 01:56 AM   #2
hank

hey that's a great little bracket in the glovebox. did ya'll make that yourself? i would like to know where to get one of those.

i was leaning toward a vintage looking units, but your system has me rethinking that.

i'm against any cutting, but i might make an exception for the doors.
hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 11:40 AM   #3
1970blazin
Blazerless:-(

Hank- My husband is a fabricator/welder, so he just made that with a piece of 1/16" Aluminum plate and a harbor frieght bottle jack brake. Nice eh? Then he just buffed it up a little bit for a brushed alum. finish. The pics actually don't do it justice. $25 + shipping if you want one.
I heard from alot of guys that speakers in the door don't sound good, but you wouldn't believe how GREAT this system sounds!! We didn't skimp on the CD deck tho' I think that is the secret. Also he used really nice upgraded fine strand copper wire for the speaker wire- makes a big difference! Our doors were already cut so we didn't have a choice, but I don't regret it.
Diane

1970 CST Blazer-Orig. Dark Blue-SOLD

Progress Pics of Blazer for sale
1970blazin is offline   Reply With Quote