The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
RocketKing

BlackJack

Well, there is an old saying "the only way to complete a journey of a thousand miles is to take the first step" lol I guess it is time to start.

Let me begin by saying that I nothing about these trucks. I have a few builds completed and sold but wanted to try something new so here I am!! I warn you that I will be full of questions and some of them will be stupid but at least it will be fun.

I found the truck on craigslist, it is not an exaggeration that there is not one thing still bolted together...it is completely apart. I still have to go back and get another load! I was fortunate enough to have Leevon (thanks buddy!) to help me get it loaded and headed back home.

Good news is the truck is in pretty good shape and I got a lot of extra parts. Complete original front and rear suspension, plus Ford 9" rear end, 3 running boards, new chrome grille, both gauges are new, two radiators, 2 radiator supports and on and on...plus one of the better beds I have seen and we all know the less body work the more fun!

I will try to get more pics once she is all unloaded.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #2
av8tr33337

Re: BlackJack

I'm subscribed. Can't wait for this one!

Bartman's Ad-S10 Chassis Swap
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415418

My First Youtube Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6hSt...eature=channel

More Pics of the 51 Project
http://s668.photobucket.com/albums/v...hassis%20Swap/

1951 3100 Pickup
av8tr33337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
Angryman117

Look on the bright side, the truck is mostly dissambled so now you dont have to dissamble everything!
Angryman117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
dubie

now that looks like a few cases of beer, a helping hand from some car guys and bolt an entire truck together in a weekend kind of good time.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this one. It looks like you've got a trailer full of nice parts to start with

My 56 Chevy shop truck build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=562795
dubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
RocketKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8tr33337 View Post
I'm subscribed. Can't wait for this one!
Thanks. I can't wait either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryman117 View Post
Look on the bright side, the truck is mostly dissambled so now you dont have to dissamble everything!
Lol. I actually thought of that when I bought it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubie View Post
now that looks like a few cases of beer, a helping hand from some car guys and bolt an entire truck together in a weekend kind of good time.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this one. It looks like you've got a trailer full of nice parts to start with
Thanks. I have always intended to build a rod but when I first saw this I wavered a little because it could be so easily put back original.

I know there is somebody, somewhere, that would love the front and rear suspension with powder coated 16 rims and 4 shiny Chevrolet hubcaps...hope they show up soon and make my decision easier.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:53 PM   #6
mcbassin
Still Learning

Hey Rex, glad to see you have a new project. I'm looking forward to following along.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:42 PM   #7
Flames97

Did the ad start out "Ran when parked"???
Can't wait to see the build.
-Aaron

'15.5 Chevy Duramax LTZ/Z71, LML, CC/SB
'77 Chevy K10, 4" lift, 33-12.50, 350/350
'55 Chevy Short Box (In Pieces)MII,4-link,Bagged,383 Stroker,700r4,3.73posi (SOLD)
My 55.2 Chevy 3100 Build
Flames97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:07 PM   #8
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

Looks like a killer start!

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:33 PM   #9
dmack91

When I got my F1, it was taken apart also. I learned to really appreciate that as the few that I went to scavenge parts off of seemed to take forever to break rusted bolts off of. I am confident that there would have been some new cuss words invented if I had to do it all myself.
dmack91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:47 PM   #10
MARTINSR

I have a process that I call "The five minute a day plan". I work on my truck EVERY SINGLE DAY, if only for five minutes. I don't care if I go out and just look at it, planning out some part of the project for the next day. If you only worked on it five minutes a day, it would get done a lot faster than if you PLAN on working on it for hours but never get to it right? But of course, that 5 minutes usually turns into 30-45-60 even after a hard days work, working on the truck is such a great way to relax. So more usually gets done than 5 minutes. But what the heck, if only 5, it's better than nothing! I went back thru my projects photos the other day and was blown away at how far I have came! I didn't think I had done much but damn it's looking like a truck again! (only if all I have in the garage is the cab )

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:41 PM   #11
RocketKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames97 View Post
Did the ad start out "Ran when parked"???
Can't wait to see the build.
-Aaron
LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972SuperCheyenne View Post
Looks like a killer start!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmack91 View Post
When I got my F1, it was taken apart also. I learned to really appreciate that as the few that I went to scavenge parts off of seemed to take forever to break rusted bolts off of. I am confident that there would have been some new cuss words invented if I had to do it all myself.
Well, I guess you could say that there are two parts to fixin old trucks...taking them apart and them putting them back together. If I look at it that way it would mean I am already half done, right? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I have a process that I call "The five minute a day plan". I work on my truck EVERY SINGLE DAY, if only for five minutes. I don't care if I go out and just look at it, planning out some part of the project for the next day. If you only worked on it five minutes a day, it would get done a lot faster than if you PLAN on working on it for hours but never get to it right? But of course, that 5 minutes usually turns into 30-45-60 even after a hard days work, working on the truck is such a great way to relax. So more usually gets done than 5 minutes. But what the heck, if only 5, it's better than nothing! I went back thru my projects photos the other day and was blown away at how far I have came! I didn't think I had done much but damn it's looking like a truck again! (only if all I have in the garage is the cab )

Brian
Sounds like a solid plan! Just keep chippin away and one day you look up and your almost done
Old 06-24-2014, 03:43 PM   #12
mcbassin
Still Learning

update?
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote