The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-22-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
furrydice79

My 66 C-10 attempt :)

Hi all so ive been floating about here for a while, and i bought this truck about a year ago but I was trucking over the road so was never home, but now that we have moved to portland OR, and have a local job i can start tinkering.

but heres the thing, I kinda dont know where to start, i think I want to keep it drivable, and don't want to rip it too bits straight away, so maybe a general tidy up for now, and i also dont really know what im doing, i mean once i learn something i know it so hopefully i can get lots of help on this forum,but its gonna be a real slow process. anyway ive went on enough, here she is....

furrydice79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
62 Barnfind

Re: My 66 C-10 attempt :)

This forum has helped me out a bunch. I been a mechanic in the Army for over 20 yrs but was still new to the body work part of the truck. People on this site are real helpful when you need a question answered and they get back to you fast. They have helped me out every time I needed it. These trucks are simple you will find it out once you tear into it. My advice would be read some build treads and decide which way you want to go. From what I see from your pics you need body parts, engine paint and wood bed. I can't see the inside where the floor boards are. I would start with the engine first. You can do everything with the engine in place. You will have to remove some accessory items so you can clean and paint it. Once you get started you won't be able to stop. The addiction will grow!

Check out my build 1962 chevy c10 update.
62 Barnfind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
furrydice79

Thanks man, and I'm sure it will become addictive, and I will check out your build.
Posted via Mobile Device
furrydice79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
Bomp

Happened to come across your build.
Looks like you have a great starter. Mine was in about the same shape but I tore into it head long and never looked back. Still a work in progress but thats most the fun.
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote