The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-23-2004, 03:14 PM   #1
Crush

1976 2WD Soon for sale

My wife suprised me with a VERY nice B-Day/Fathers Day present in the form of a 2003 2500 Suburban, so one of my toys must go....

I'll be VERY sad to see it go due to the fact that I've wanted a 2wd Blazer since I was a kid, but the truck that I'm restoring has lots more sentimental value to it, so the Blazer must go...

I'm in the midst of converting the belt system to a serpentine system from a '89, so after that is done it'll be for sale.

Some facts about the truck....

I bought it from the original owner back in August of last year with 30K on a rebuilt motor and tranny, new cooling system, 134 A/C, new brakes and the interior is in good shape. The exterior needs paint (it's got an el-cheapo job on it now) and a little bit of body work (small rust bubbles popping up in a few places, but nothing serious....it's a VERY solid truck). It's a 4.11 posi rear (but posi needs rebuilt).

Since I've had it I've done the following...

(POWERTRAIN)

Rebuilt top-end of motor with Vortec Heads, Performer RPM intake, Holley 600, Mallorey HEI Dist, Comp Cams 262 w/ new lifters, pushrods and roller tip 1.52 rockers, added headers and flowmaster 40 series with exhaust exiting in front of rear tires. This combo ran a 14.7 @ 93mph at Gainesville Raceway about two months ago.

I also have a brand new 2500 stall T/C and Transgo Shift Kit that is not installed but will come with the truck.

(SUSPENSION/SHOES)

Installed 5/5 drop from Western Chassis that includes a flip kit in the rear w/ shocks and coils/spindle in front with shocks. It also has a set of 18" Budnik Gasser D's that are almost perfect (one VERY small rash on the right front wheel from a flat tire) 18x8 front and 18x9.5 rear with near new NITTO 555's....255/45/18 front and 295/45/18 rear.

(INTERIOR)

All the seats are in very good condition. It's buckets with console in front and rear bench. I have recently dyed all the interior black including carpet. It has held up fairly well but I would probably just replace the carpet if I were keeping it. It will come with new door seals that have not been installed yet.
I also have a new Pioneer CD player that will be installed along with speakers.

(OVERALL)

This truck is in great condition and I had not planned on selling it (notice all the work I've done in the last 8 months) but the wife was nice enough to get me a nice new "Tow Pig" so it must go. I have over $7500 invested but am willing to take a loss.....

Make me an offer I can't refuse.......
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:57 PM   #2
winnipegk5

If you were only closer that is the exact truck I'm looking for.

Mike
winnipegk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 10:45 PM   #3
BIGG BELLY

i wish my car sounded as good as this truck does
photo albums
BIGG BELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 05:28 PM   #4
ol skool 68
turnin wrenches

i hate to see it go, but the 79 will be pimp when it is on the road, i wish i had the money, your blazer is sweet.......good luck OC

D.M.C. -FF-

68 SWB full frame off (project ol skool)
2000 s-10 formally bagged but now my daily driver...
ol skool 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 03:43 AM   #5
R 78 PROJECT
<<< R 67 PROJECT

Crush sorry to hear that but hey she loves you and you just loved her back,very painfully though.As soon as I find the disk that has the 1st day pics of r 78 2wd blazer project( my 2 boys & me )you can take a look and give us a few tips.
-67 C-10 stepside my toy
R 78 PROJECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 04:23 PM   #6
Crush

No proble man....anything I can do to help!!

Actually I've almost got her talked into letting me keep it (just need to find somewhere to put it)....
Old 08-04-2004, 07:47 PM   #7
R 78 PROJECT
<<< R 67 PROJECT

crush thats good news and if you cant find storage fortworths not that far away ha ha.
crush I posted some questions on 73+ blazer board take a look tell me the how to's......thanks Lewis,Luke and Jake
-67 C-10 stepside my toy
R 78 PROJECT is offline   Reply With Quote