The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-13-2004, 09:11 PM   #1
BB4XDUALLY

BB emisions parts needed

Hey guys, newbie here that's needing to find some emmisions parts for my 85 1 ton. If any of you have an air pump, air injection tubes, diverter valves etc. I'd like to talk to ya. Thanks
BB4XDUALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 08:56 AM   #2
mckpaul

Oh man, just had to restore all that stuff on my 84. Bought the truck with it all removed and thrown away, never got to see how it was originally, only had the sticker under the hood and what info I could get from the dealer to work with. Got some of it used here on the board, some new stuff, even found a Suburban in a junkyard that still had most of the small vacuum hose harness in place...sort of. At least that got me the pre-formed four port vacuum connectors that go on the vacuum switches.

The dealer has discontinued a lot of it, no vacuum harness, no diverter valve. They have a replacement AC Delco number for the EGR valvethat doesn't work, hits the valve covers on pre-fuel injection engines. However they also have a GM part in stock that they have no idea that they carry that makes it work, it's a 1/4" thick spacer to go under the EGR valve.

This website www.partsamerica.com had the diverter valve. It's made by Neihoff (not sure if I spelled that right) I looked ALL OVER for the diverter valve. They are out there, but most were about $70. The one I got was from www.partsamerica.com for about $36. Its a nightmare trying to find out what original GM numbers were for the original parts your truck came with, then cross referencing it to other after market manufacturers to get replacements. Three big suppliers are Wells, Borg Warner, and Standard Motor Products (and of course AC Delco) but be aware of something. Standard Motor Products and Wells both use a series of DV numbers for diverter valves and deceleration valves, like DV32 for a part number, both may have that number, but it their own number and NOT the same part.

Two websites, AC Delco and Standard Motor Products, give you a place to plug in part numbers from other manufacturers and it will cross reference it to their part number, and show you a pic of it. Rockauto is a pretty good source too, good prices, and pics.

Some of the auto parts stores carry or can get the air injection tubes, got mine through Autozone, took about two days and they were around $20 for each side, a lot cheaper than I expected.

It took some time, but I FINALLY got all the parts and hoses and mine is now back to the way it came when it was new. I'm on vacation next week and I'll be taking it in for inspection (I'm in Houston, they do the full emission test complete with the 'treadmill' test) I'm pretty confident it will pass, got my fingers crossed.

Good luck, hope all this helps you a little.

1984 Chevy C-10
*LWB/305*
mckpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:49 PM   #3
bisquik65
Account Suspended

Talking smog stuff

Welcome abord . I sent you a pm . I have the parts you need and i dont.
bisquik65 is offline   Reply With Quote