The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-01-2017, 06:16 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Everytime the nephews use my truck haha!

So whenever my nephews borrow or use my truck for errands I need them to use it for ... "Sorry uncle Mark, it was getting stuck and we had to put it in 4 wheel drive". Ive had the truck for around a year and never had to put it in 4 wheel haha!

Trucks been lucky the last month or so. Weather has been really ugly so its been stored in the shop. I dunno if Livrat ever stored it inside the thirty more or less years he owned it, so Im sure the truck is smiling inside haha. Got put away dirty a few weeks ago after they did some errands for me (hauling away an old storage shed they tore down for me). It stopped raining for a little while today so I pulled it out, washed it up, and put it back in side.

Its not the best or prettiest truck Ive ever owned, but probably my favorite (so far lol).

Old 04-01-2017, 07:20 PM   #2
Husker

Re: Everytime the nephews use my truck haha!

Nice Rig.
Ron
Member #111
68 C-10 Daily Driver
70 4x4 Project
76 Jeep CJ-5

Help Support the Board:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
Thomas Jefferson
Husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 07:52 PM   #3
nicklear36

The front grill shines great off of the paint though
nicklear36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:42 PM   #4
hewittca

Definitely a cool lookin' truck. I can't possibly imagine why they would have to put it in 4 wheel drive...
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:01 PM   #5
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

I would be willing to bet that your nephews love that truck too. The love for your truck has moved to the next generation. How awesome is that!

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:07 PM   #6
CG
BlahBlahBlah

They helped me with my 62 Ford Unibody hot rod truck. They liked it a lot, but really were fine with me letting it go down the road. They called it a lowrider lol.

This one they really love and when I told them we may end up moving it down the road so I can bring a different truck home they were super unhappy. Oldest one is going in to the Air Force in a few days so it will just be the younger one helping me out now (hes a junior in HS), and he is nutso for 4x4's ... Im pretty sure he will try real hard to talk me in to keeping it and not keep my "low rider" panel lol.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:17 PM   #7
Livrat
Member #1049

LOL ... In the 32 years I owned it the only time it saw the inside of a building was when it was getting worked on, It got rebuilt twice, driven hard and put it away wet.
AND it got a bath with Comet and a scrub brush once a year whether it needed it or not...
Livrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:31 PM   #8
rockyrivermark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livrat View Post
LOL ... In the 32 years I owned it the only time it saw the inside of a building was when it was getting worked on, It got rebuilt twice, driven hard and put it away wet.
AND it got a bath with Comet and a scrub brush once a year whether it needed it or not...
Posted via Mobile Device
rockyrivermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 01:27 AM   #9
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

That truck is bad @s
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:41 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

They got mud on those expensive tires??? I'd request first right to refusal on that cool truck, but I hope your nephew will try to buy it. I guess it's too soon for him to afford, being still in HS.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:08 AM   #11
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Yeah no way he will be able to buy it. Ive been burned by selling or giving family members my car and truck stuff in the last couple of years. I'm not doing it again.

I figured the basic truck as I bought it was worth about 3500 bucks. Add close to 2500 bucks for tires and wheels. 350 bucks for interior. I think the new seat belts with shoulder harness on driver and passenger were around 300. Front bumper got tweaked by one of my nephews so I have a new bumper still in the box. Plus it comes with tach, vac, speed warning dash and a stack of NOS side and grill trim. If it needs to get sold it will be way out of his reach.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:51 AM   #12
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
You would think they would wash it to get rid of the evidence...

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 12:18 PM   #13
midniteblues

That is a great truck no dout.

Besides being dirty I'm sure the tank was empty too.

The classic excuses I hear.

There was no gas stations around.

The station we passed was closed.

We didn't have time too stop for gas.

Oh we didn't notice it's on "E"

I forgot to get gas.

And of course...I didn't have the $.

But im guessing since they used the truck for doing you a favor they just didn't worry about it.

I think it's cool looking that the panels are multi colored. Even better if the paint on them is all oe paint. That just proves trucks can still be pieced together with rust free oe metal....my 71 is starting too look this way.
'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.
midniteblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:32 PM   #14
special-K
Special Order

Sorry for the side track...

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteblues View Post
That is a great truck no dout.

....The classic excuses I hear.

There was no gas stations around.

The station we passed was closed.

We didn't have time too stop for gas.

Oh we didn't notice it's on "E"

I forgot to get gas.

And of course...I didn't have the $.
How about, "We were going to get gas but we didn't know what kind you like" . Shoot, every time I'd use my x-wife's vehicle, like run 5 miles into town and back, I'd wonder if I'd make in w/o running out. When things were good I'd fill it up to run the 10 miles. Toward the end I'd put 2 gallons in there. I still didn't want to see her run out of gas, so she had enough to go get some. Besides, I'd get a rescue call anyway

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 04-03-2017, 08:28 AM   #15
midniteblues

CG, after the cat was outa the bag did you get a explanation on how the bumper got bent?
I'm curious myself since that's not a easy task to do.
But shat happens I suppose.

Your truck and its panel colors are gonna inspire a thread idea.

Kinda funny that he was afraid of running out of gas. He must've learned that lesson in the past.

K, never understood why some will let the tank get so low when they know the station is 5 mi. Away and probally all up hill and it's gotta have a heavy trailer hooked up for the day.

But from some of the stories I read about your ex, why even try too understand.

My boy is known to put $5-10 in his 67. I don't even think that registers on the guage.

I use the wifeys car if I have to travel any distance and never bring it back without filling it up.

One other thing my boy will do that I don't understand is wash his blazer all up nice and clean then a day or two later bring it home like this. Then not fill the gas can after running the power washer for ever.
Kids will be kids.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2017, 01:56 PM   #16
CG
BlahBlahBlah

LockDoc ... You would think, I know that's what I would have done when I was a kid, hide the evidence haha!

midniteblues ... I paid them to tear down and haul away my old shed. He used his own money to put gas in the truck because he was afraid to run out (even though I had recently filled it) I reimbursed him, so he was good about the gas thing. But he bent the front bumper one time when he was borrowing the truck and neglected to tell me about it. Funny thing is I thought I got the truck that way. Livrat saw a picture and asked how I bent the bumper. I told him it was like that when I got it. No, no it wasn't. LOL, it was fairly minor so I just assumed I had missed it. I had my nephew work off the price of the bumper.

My kids are in their mid 30's now, you forget what teens are like haha!

Went to Lowes today, already getting my beauty queen dirty =) Oh and yes, those are all OM panels and paint.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:38 AM   #17
CG
BlahBlahBlah

He had at the time his own Chev 4x4, I think early 90's. It wasn't a big deal. The story I was told is that he accidentally rolled his truck in to mine. No idea if that was true or not heh.

He ended up totaling his truck, rolled it, lunched the motor after that. Was borrowing my Astro van and somehow ended up in a very deep ditch taking out the passenger side, fender all the way down the side. Not sure we will ever learn the real truth on how that one happened. And somehow he totaled (never saw it, never heard the story) his next little car.

He's actually a really good kid. HS athlete, lettered in wrestling and football. Excellent grades. Just a knucklehead when it comes to cars and trucks haha. He's off to the Air Force today. Should help him get over the hump of being a goofy kid to being a man.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:53 AM   #18
midniteblues

Sounds exactly like my kid.
Although he been alot better about wrecking vehicles.
Except mine has kids from two differnt girls and two support payments almost since hs... so needless to say he don't have $ too play much or support himself...hence the reason he is back home.

The grandkids are the best though.

And apparently still hasn't learned this lesson yet.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:46 AM   #19
special-K
Special Order

CG, I hope they don't let your nephew fly!!!

My friend has a much younger brother in his early 20s that has totalled everything he's owned. Now he's going for his pilot's license. One day my friend and I were over at his dad's, who is a man of choice few words, and as his little brother pulls out in his car with a new dent his dad looks at us and simply asks, "Do you think he should be flying?". We couldn't stop laughing!!

Tim

Old 04-04-2017, 01:38 PM   #20
FL71C10

I had a friend with a pilot's license a long time ago. I would fly with him but not drive with him. He was crazy in the car, but totally focused and careful in the plane.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:53 PM   #21
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Funny thing is that we paid for him to get his pilots license for HS graduation. He's done with everything except the final test and some sort of flight. The weather has been insanely ugly the last couple of weeks so he was unable to schedule what ever it was he has left to do. We talked with the airfield and they will arrange it so where ever he is when he finishes basic he can finish up there.

I also had an idiot friend when I was a kid that flew. There was no screwing around at all when we got in the air ... Hey can we do a loop? Buzz those cows? NO!

He's been an airline pilot now for many years. I think Southwest.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:33 PM   #22
davepl

You're still looking for that barefoot set, and I keep posting links to them everywhere. I'll be curious why -these- aren't acceptable! The eBay ones you said you don't use eBay, and then the next ones you don't use PayPal, so let's see if you'll use Amazon!

Mr. Gasket 9644 Barefoot Style Dimmer Switch Pedal Pad
https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Gasket-964.../dp/B000CMF29K

JEGS Barefoor Gas Pedal cover
https://www.amazon.com/JEGS-Performa...P5978EBF7BD9H4

Why on earth do I care? I just think it weird to put that request in every INTERNET post and then say you don't use the INTERNET to buy things :-)
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:30 PM   #23
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Dave, I want more than one. Im up to four complete sets now. Prefer them with some wear on em.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:42 AM   #24
merlin3

CG i have a barefoot gas pedal i can mail it to you,cant load a image but will try again.
merlin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:49 AM   #25
special-K
Special Order

I figured you were wanting an old set of barefeet. Why post a WTB in your signature for a part that is commonly available?

I bought an old set off a member here. He stuck them in the small flat rate box loose with no packing and when they arrived that dimmer "foot" had found it's way out of the hole the parts had beaten out of the box. He was nice about it and sent me a new one. That was the best he could do, short of searching and searching for an old dimmer foot sold solo. I was disappointed enough that I took them to a swap meet and sold them for what I paid. Wasn't what I was after

Tim