The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-03-2008, 10:35 AM   #1
Jerblazer72

marker light filler modification question?

Guys,
I am right in the middle of the marker light filler modification on my truck to put a blazer tank in it. The issue I am having is being able to get the filler neck put into the bed. Will it matter if the hose that I connect to the filler neck is lower than the entry point on the tank? I am having trouble getting the hose to bend tight enough where it connects to the s-10 filler neck just below the bed. The point where it connects to the tank is right at the bed level. It would be sort of like a "p" trap in a sink drain if that makes sense. It would not go that low but would be similar. Anyone know if that will cause me grief when filling? If so, any options anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for replies.
Jerblazer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
original_balzer

Re: marker light filler modification question?

If you have a low spot in your filler hose it will burp on you while your filling it. In other words you wont be able to just click the handle on and let it fill. You may be able to vent the tank at the top and up to a high point but its the weight of the liquid in the trap that will stop the gas pump.

This is if the low spot is more than the diamiter of the hose.
for example if your hose is 3" and the low spot is 4" meaning the top of the hose(in the low spot) is 1" lower than the bottom of the hose (at the high spots).

If its not that much like say a 1" dip it wont be so bad, and may only burp on you when its close to full.

Clear as mud?

Last edited by original_balzer; 06-03-2008 at 01:35 PM. Reason: spelling
original_balzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
Jerblazer72

Original,
Thanks for the reply, and also a fellow utah member. It seems we are few and far between. The tank will be vented so will that reduce/eliminate the burp effect? I am fine if I have to set the gas pump filler on half speed or something like that. I am really having a hard time trying to figure how to get the hose to be right at the bottom of the bed. Thanks.
Jerblazer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:46 PM   #4
original_balzer

One thing I will sugest is going to a muffler shop and seeing if they can custom bend you a section of pipe that might help you fit it in there.
original_balzer is offline   Reply With Quote