The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-18-2009, 03:00 AM   #1
highperf4x4
Account Suspended

Best places to order new parts from?

I know YearOne and LMC are pretty good sources but does anyone know anything about www.TruckandCarShop.com or any other place that might sell quality parts?
highperf4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:14 AM   #2
cdowns

Re: Best places to order new parts from?

check the main page for the vendors list ,those who support this board usually give better prices better service because most of them are real truck guys

alot depends on what type of parts you're looking to buy loads of mechainiucal parts are available from your local auto parts stores
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:05 AM   #3
4tiresngas
An American Soldier

I have used the Truck Shop before. I actually went there, and they have all kinds of stuff and provided great service.

They have a lot of NOS parts there that are not necessarily in their catalog.

I'd give them a thumbs up.

dan.brue@us.army.mil
4tiresngas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:54 AM   #4
Mudder

I totally agree with cdowns. Check out the main page with all the vendors from here.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #5
chuckmc8
It's alsways something.....

I think that the most important thing right now is to ask any vendor if the part you are looking for is in stock and if you order right now, will you get that exact part. People will take your order and money and know that they dont have the part and will have to order it and then reship it to you. Ask when it will be shipped and when you can expect every item you order BEFORE you pay. Due to the manufacturing slow doen, I have found lots of things are waiting to be produced, 4 to 6 weeks out now.
And the price matching thing is a joke. ECKLERS would not match the price on a carpet kit, a windshield gasket or trim, even tho they proudly proclaim that on the main page of thir website. They said that the 129.00 that Brothers current sale price on a carpet kit for my 67 is lower than they pay for theirs. Maybe they should buy from Brothers, then! Just a Gimmick for those who are too lazy to check and assume if they have that assurance that they are as low as anybody....dont beleive it! And they didnt have any of it in stock either, but didnt volunteer that info until I specifically asked that question!

Last edited by chuckmc8; 04-18-2009 at 11:03 AM.
chuckmc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #6
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmc8 View Post
I think that the most important thing right now is to ask any vendor if the part you are looking for is in stock and if you order right now, will you get that exact part. People will take your order and money and know that they dont have the part and will have to order it and then reship it to you. Ask when it will be shipped and when you can expect every item you order BEFORE you pay. Due to the manufacturing slow doen, I have found lots of things are waiting to be produced, 4 to 6 weeks out now.
And the price matching thing is a joke. ECKLERS would not match the price on a carpet kit, a windshield gasket or trim, even tho they proudly proclaim that on the main page of thir website. They said that the 129.00 that Brothers current sale price on a carpet kit for my 67 is lower than they pay for theirs. Maybe they should buy from Brothers, then! Just a Gimmick for those who are too lazy to check and assume if they have that assurance that they are as low as anybody....dont beleive it! And they didnt have any of it in stock either, but didnt volunteer that info until I specifically asked that question!

Ask Ecklers what brand of carpet they sell. The one Brothers sells is ACC, which the color will fade in about 3 months, hence the lower price. Brothers NEVER has anything in stock....most of their stuff is drop shipped from the vendor. I live right down the street from them.

Go with a board vendor or check out the truck shop in Orange.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man

Last edited by leddzepp; 04-18-2009 at 11:21 AM.
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #7
highperf4x4
Account Suspended

Ok, thx for the input guys.
highperf4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:50 AM   #8
fastom
That's right, it's Copper!!

Early Classic will always get my business because of their unmatched customer service. I have never done business with any other company that has treated me better. Check them out!

www.earlyclassic.com
fastom is offline   Reply With Quote