The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
Charlie Huntington

Interior Color Matching

I recently bought a nice 72 Cheyenne Super 4x4. Originally white and med red, now repainted orange and white. Interior is white door panels with wood grain, white headliner, white sunvisors, black and white houndstooth seat, brown steering column, and darker brown steering wheel. Seat belts are black aftermarket. With the black/white combo what color should the seatbelts and steering column be? The paint code is on the glovebox, where is the interior trim code? Thanks in advance for any help!
Charlie Huntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #2
sjarrett71

Re: Interior Color Matching

If I'm not mistaken, all steering columns were black. Also, from the sounds of your other interior pieces your seatbelts should be white. I think with the white/black seat though, the black ones wouldn't look too bad.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:31 PM   #3
leddzepp

I have the Parchment (white) interior as well. I am starting to think that black seat belts were used with the blk/wht houndstooth seat cover. My truck is all original, and I just pulled the black seatbelts the other day. There was caked up lithium grease between the brackets and the body, and it looks to me like that was used when assembled at the factory. The date codes also match the production date of the truck. I know there are also parchment seat belts, but I am thinking those were used with the solid parchment (all vinyl) seatcover.

Hopefully, someone else will chime in with their opinion and experience.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man

Last edited by leddzepp; 04-19-2009 at 06:32 PM.
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
71 super

Only times column was black was if the truck was black or it was a tilt column, non tilt columns recieved the same color as rest of the interior. Your belts could be as mentioned earlier either black or white this is due to the super interior colors - either blue, parchment, green or saddle houndstooth. everything was coordinated from this. My 72 4x4 super had green hounds tooth bench with black accents (door panels, dash, headliner etc.)
69 swb cst 6 cylinder/ overdrive
69 black/black cst bb swb
70 orange and white cst Canada built truck swb bb
71 black and white super swb bb
71 red and white super swb
72 green and white super swb 4x4
62 nova wagon 400 series Ls swapped
68 Camaro 327/4 speed- 1 owner, original paint
66 Volkswagen bettle
69 auto stick Volkswagen Beetle
71 super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #5
Charlie Huntington

Although I've had this vintage Chevy truck for many years, I've got more experience researching the numbers on GTOs. With the GTO a lot of black accents were used on white (parchment) interiors. My guess is that the black dashpad is correct and that the column and steering wheel should also be black. Please keep the answers coming and I'm also still interested in the location of the trim code. Thanks!
Charlie Huntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
72 Super

My Black and White Super came with Parchment interior with Houndstooth bench seat. The original seatbelts,dash pad and column are black.

I had a Orange and White Cheyenne with Parchment interior that came with Parchment seatbelts,black dash pad and brown carpet and Brown dash area where the defrost vents are.

Do you have any pictures of your truck?

Ray

Last edited by 72 Super; 04-19-2009 at 08:09 PM.
72 Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:05 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

The column and wheel would be black only if the interior was black or it had tilt.All tilt columns and wheels were black.Exterior paint color has nothing to do with it.
The brown you refer to is a light tan called Sandlewood which would come with a parchment interior.The dashpad would have come sandlewood,too.No parchment steering wheels,column,or dashpad.Those three pieces are always the same color.The seatbelts would be parchment.Seatbelts always matched seat,door panels,headliner,and adashpad/steering wheel/column except with parchment interior.
The top of dash paint color will match the steering wheel/column.The trim code is on the SPID and build sheet between the seat springs and foam.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:30 PM   #8
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

some parchment trucks had black dash pads, some had sandlewood. Look at the top of the dash between the dash pad and windshield to see what color it is. That will tell you what color the pad was originally.
Being that you have a sandlewood column and wheel, I suspect you have the wrong dashpad.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote