The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-25-2009, 07:39 PM   #1
scotty101

Trying to learn

Ok so here is the scoop. I want to paint my truck red. I went to a body shop for a rough idea on paint cost he said in the thousands for a clear primer and ppg red. So then I thought about using a Farmal red paint with a hardner in it to help it shine more. This was suggested by a local guy that paints. I was wondering what you guys thought about that idea. The next question I was wondering about was do I paint it all in pieces or do I mount everything back onto my frame. Right now I have my drive train in and all of my body is removed. I was just wondering what would be the best way to paint this. I am a begginger and am learning as I go so all imput is appriciated. thanks
scotty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
lo04chevy

Re: Trying to learn

If you paint in pieces. You need to write down each number of coats you put on. You also need to stir the pot to help keep the pigments from settling.

Friedrich Nietzsche
lo04chevy is offline   Reply With Quote