The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-14-2003, 02:28 AM   #1
greenhorn male

Thumbs up New forum member

Hi All... I came across this sight surfing the internet because I had purchased a '71 chevy K10 about a month ago and didn't know a thing about them except that I liked the body style. I spent hours reading the threads, collecting great information and trying to learn more about these trucks... Then I came across Jerry Moss's post where he included his phone # (same area code as mine). I gave him a call, told him what I bought, and asked him if he would take a look at my truck and tell me what he knows about it. He told me he was glad to, so I took a ride down to his place. What a great guy he was and really knows his stuff, too.

It was dark, so with flashlight in hand he popped the hood open and the first thing out of his mouth was: "Get rid of that Ford air cleaner", then "the heat riser is on the wrong side", "who buchered the A.C", etc, etc. Then he looked under the truck and immediately said: "who in the world swapped the T-case to a NP208" , then he commented about the shifter, which I don't remember but was not positive. Then we moved in the cab. I found out about the glove box decal...that this was once an auto, now a 4spd on the floor, had a non-AC glove box insert, hard to distinguish put together heater duct housing. In a few minutes time I have learned a lot and more than I wanted to know about my prize find. But, at least the body looked fairly straight, except for a little bubbling in the original paint. So I thought, until I started probing during daylight in the areas I learned to check but I won't bore you with the details.

Anyway, Jerry was very accomodating, showed me his collection of trucks and parts and a picture album, then sent me home with a spare guage cluster. What a guy! What a great forum with great forum members!

Luis
greenhorn male is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 04:22 AM   #2
cableguy0

well now at least u wont get bored with the truck because there will always be something that can be done to undo what some jerk did in the past. it sounds like u got another survivor of the dope smokin old man lol. good luck and welcome to the board. im sure any questions that u need answered or any parts u need to find can all be found here.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 04:51 AM   #3
Alexis
Member since 2000

Welcome aboard from Cali.......well South Bay.
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 06:02 AM   #4
GMCPaul

greenhorn male Welcome Aboard From Indiana!!!! Jerry's a good guy and I'm sure he gave you a wealth of info, but don't try to talk him out of any tow hooks
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 08:15 AM   #5
Church
Carolina Classic Trucks

Welcome from North Carolina! You have a plethora of information at the tips of your fingers with this site.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:00 AM   #6
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

This board has a bunch of outstanding members - seems everyone is always willing to help out and share info - glad to have you with us.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:07 AM   #7
1970 CST Short Wide
Senior Moment

welcome greenhorn . Jerry is a super guy to deal with and talk to, I've delt with him a lot. Im in Pittsburg drop me a line sksgk@attbi.com
Steve
1970 CST Short wide
2019 GMC Diesil Dually. Youngest Son
2017 Toyota SUV Daughters car
2018 Traverse , Wife’s Ride
Pittsburg Ca
1970 CST Short Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:25 AM   #8
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Smile

LOL,GMCPaul.
i'm sure between everyone on here, poor Luis will have his head spinning--new ideas, new parts, new information. i really felt bad when i was telling him all things i saw that were incorrect, definite dope smoking old man had owned it prior, but on the positive side it's a fairly straight 71 half ton 4x4, runs good, drives good, was an automatic, factory a-c truck and is a solid foundation for a nice build up.
Luis seemed excicted and full of energy to get started making things better, he's already got parts ordered and is hitting the local wrecking yards. i'll help him as much as possible as i'm sure many on here will too.

by the way ,i did pick up an extra set of tow hooks. they have some bad pitting so i'm not sure what i'll do with them yet. they came from back east, home of the "rust bugs".
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:26 AM   #9
Pont
I need another Barley Pop

Welcome to the board from Southern Oregon. We're almost neighbors!

I also knew nothing about these trucks other than I like the way they look. Stick around, these members will change all of that for ya.

04 Honda CRF450R

89 Toyota 4-Runner

34 Ford 2 door sedan - Long term project

----------------------------------------------
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
Pont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 01:59 PM   #10
yellowgmc
Getting cabin fever?!?!?!

welcome to one of the most addictive websites know to man!

1972 GMC 1500
1994 F-150 XL 4x4

Tact is for people not whitty enough to be sarcastic
yellowgmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 02:23 PM   #11
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Welcome from the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 04:22 PM   #12
greenhorn male

Smile

I'd like to thank everyone for the warm welcome. Glad to be on board...Luis

Jerry...I have a GM air cleaner now, you can look under my hood again, lol. I did talk to the man with the extra toolbox door and he said he'll part with it. I'll try to go see it Wednesday after work.
Old 01-14-2003, 05:12 PM   #13
Gordo

Smile

Welcome from the other side, Connecticut!
1942 Oldsmobile
1958 Massey Harris Pony
1951 Wife
Killingworth, Connecticut

May those who love us, love us, any of those who do not love us, may God turn their hearts.
And if God is unable to turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping.

A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; but a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist.
Gordo is offline   Reply With Quote