The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-09-2010, 10:09 PM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

My S10 and the upgrades ( Build thread)

Ok well i posted a week or so ago about my S10 and after messing with it for a couple of days, ive started to find things the PO either broke or did to it that just arent to my standards. Heres the link to the original post: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=383953
That being said the first upgrade Im going to do is to change the broken seats. Im no lightweight and i surely do not discriminate against those who are overweight but i swear the PO must have either been 800 lbs or had a pair of elephants driving this truck as the seat bottoms are all broken and the bar across the bottom of the seat cracks the cocix bone in the back when you hit a bump.
After searching Ebay and all, I came up with this junkyard that had a nice set of seats for my truck. They came out of a regular cab as opposed to an extended cab because they dont have the storage pocket on the back but i figure i can make something or get a pickup organizer back there. I hope they are direct bolt ins.
Seats $125 used seats in the truck and the ones that will go in as soon as it stops snowing and i can dig the truck out ( I apologize about the mess but when you have a three year old granddaughter in the house forget about keeping it clean)
The next adventure is going to be buying the plate from Ebay so that I can repair the underside of the armrest. I dont think there is a single of these trucks out there that as a good armrest in it. They all crack with the least pressure on the cover
here is the part: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ARMRE...item5ad41efffa
Attached Images

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
chevy2racr
So Many Ideas, So Little Money

Re: My S10 and the upgrades ( Build thread)

yea every one i've been in has the lid broke, including mine. I saw that plate today and kinda thought about it, might make something myslef too, or get blazer seats and console to mount a ratchet shifter to control my built 700R4. no indicator in the dash anymore, thats prolly my route.
09 Malibu

Marshalltown, Iowa
chevy2racr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Ive been told that the console has the same problem with the lid breaking with any kind of pressure on it. The website says to drill holes and rivet or screw it down but im wondering if i should put some glue on it too

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
Old 02-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
chevy2racr
So Many Ideas, So Little Money

I'd think the rivets or screws would work fine, if your missing some plastic don't forget to add some padding to level it back out...
09 Malibu

Marshalltown, Iowa
chevy2racr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #5
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

well today it stopped snowing long enough to put the seats in... the living room was crowded with them in it and the granddaughter was thinking they were her personal sofa... This was real easy until we got to the seat belt side.. the typical GM torx bolt stripped and then we had to sketch out the bolt head on it then we used the grinder to cut it to the hex head (11/16) and then ratchet/socketed it out.. I also put the new right side mirror on. pics will follow eventually..

I hate cancer!!