The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-13-2014, 06:32 PM   #1
Davids71C20

EVAP/EEC Question

I have done an engine swap to a 350 from a 6. The 350 came out of a 1981 c10 and I will be using a stock intake manifold, Q-jet carb, and egr from a 1985 gmc 350.

I would like to use the EVAP and EGR system from the donor truck but that would require getting a EEC vented tank which would cost about $302 to get up here or I can vent my current tank by drilling and welding/braizing and EEC vent fittings to my current tank. So what I'm wondering is:

#1 Do I need the EEC tank for the EVAP to work or can I hook the tank line to a sealed bottle or something to hold the vapors? (I know this is probably sounds crazy)

#2 Does the EGR system need the EVAP system to operate or do they just share the same vacuum port source? On my setup and most vac diagrams I've seen, the EGR vacuum source T's with the EVAP source. So that's why I'm wondering if they work together or not.

Thank you for your input.
Davids71C20 is offline   Reply With Quote