The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
ChevyK10Dan

63-66 Factory Power Steering Stuff

I have a few things from a parts truck I can't use and would like an idea of their value.

This is the factory power steering setup from a parts truck I bought. The truck is a 1965 C20 3/4 ton 2wd Chevy.
I bought the truck from a friend of the family about a year ago so I could put the rust free cab on my 64 k10 1/2 ton 4wd.
The motor and transmission were removed from the truck and put in his Camero when he could not afford to build both.

I never drove the truck under its own power and it had been sitting for about 6 years before I bought it. I don't really know much about the power steering, but it did have power steering fluid come out of the rubber hoses where the pump would hook up, when I loaded the truck on the trailer. I do not have any other power steering stuff, then what is shown.

What's it worth? Does it look complete, minus the pump? Will it fit 63-66 or only 64-66? Will it work on C10, C20, and C30?

Thanks,
Daniel
ChevyK10Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:30 AM   #2
DPowers
One foot in front of the other

Re: 63-66 Factory Power Steering Stuff

This may assist:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438259
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:20 AM   #3
ChevyK10Dan

Re: 63-66 Factory Power Steering Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPowers View Post
Thanks, DPowers for the link.

I had seen that and a different one for $350 but I could not tell from the pictures if what I have is complete. I don't know what the setup listed for $350 sold for, but last I seen it was posted for around $225 shipped, and "Sold" posted a little while later.

Those are the posts I used for most of my information in addition to the guy I bought the truck from, but I don't know much about the 2wd trucks so I don't want to assume it is complete, and will also work on the 1/2 tons and 1 tons without confirming with a few other people not selling it, just to be safe.
I was hoping $165-185 plus shipping cost was fair, and $100 was just for a quick sale, but I figured I might as well ask to see what others thought.
Thanks,
Daniel
ChevyK10Dan is offline   Reply With Quote