The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-01-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
jdclemons

5.3 Fast Lsxr Intake Swap

Have any of you guys swapped your 5.3 intake to a fast lsxr intake which is the low profile. I know the 102 throttle body will hit the water pump neck. Can I swap the water pump and brackets to use this intake. Thanks.
jdclemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: 5.3 Fast Lsxr Intake Swap

Using any of the car-style intakes usually means an interference between the water pump gooseneck and the throttle body. You can switch to car-style front accessories, use an electric water pump, or swap the water pump out for (i think) the gen V Camaro pump. IIRC the 2010 Camaro pump has the same offset as the truck accessories, but outlets in a different place that won't interfere with the throttle body.

As far as I know the LSXr fits the same dimensions as the other car intakes, so the fitment issues would be the same. If your using a DBC throttle body, you might be able to squeek past the water pump fitment issue, if its DBW then its something you'll have to address.

Why not look at the LSxRT for truck fitment. Either fits under these hoods in most applications.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:27 PM   #3
SeTx67

Shouldn't the lsxrt net you a little more torque and a little less hp and the opposite for the lsxr?
Old 04-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #4
jdclemons

I have looked at both of them and the lsxr is just for looks to me. I'm not sure if one gives more torque or vise versa, I found a build sheet and I'm bout to start my build. If I can't find a water pump that will work I probably will go with the truck intake. Not in a rush just doing my homework before starting.
jdclemons is offline   Reply With Quote