The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

Unhappy I think I'm in for another wonderfull night

for the second night in a row I have a chest cold and heartburn. when I cough the acid reflux gets a shot of nitrous and goes into overdrive for 3 minutes. then when that cheery sensation subsides a headache kicks in prompting me to wish there was a zipper around my skull. that way I could open it up and relieve pressure.

I think I will save the wife some agony, bypass the bed and go straight for my recliner. let's see, what mind numbing comatose inducing shows can I find on Direct TV? oooh, I know. Investigation Discover should cover it.

too bad all the good medications are illegal

Last edited by 68C15; 03-30-2011 at 10:39 PM.
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
71swb4x4

Re: I think I'm in for another wonderfull night

Maybe it's the lack of open water that is giving you the heartburn.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:13 PM   #3
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Hope you feel better soon.. I dont know how it would effect the acid reflux.. but apple cider vinegar taken like a shot does wonders with coughs, chest issues..
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:47 AM   #4
Jerry Jones
Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Hope you feel better soon.. I dont know how it would effect the acid reflux.. but apple cider vinegar taken like a shot does wonders with coughs, chest issues..
Ooooooh!!! Many of you know I had some close to deadly issues last year. One of my many byproducts was acid reflux, just knowing my symptoms and cooking ingredients, the vinegar sounds like it would hurt bad. Not saying that it would for everyone, but I think it would have torn me up!
Old 03-31-2011, 07:13 AM   #5
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

with the acid reflux I figured that. I rarely have heartburn no less that. Hope your feeling better this morning
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:46 PM   #6
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

well folks, I'm gonna have to ride this out. no cold medicine for me. in the past I discovered that any form of ephedrine gave me the shakes and made me extremely tired. last night I decided to try some Delsym since the active ingredient is different. guess what? I fell asleep in a customer's truck while warming it up today (thank God it was in park)

normally a person in my situation would get home from work and head right for bed. nope, not me. I have an autistic 8 yo son who is a daddy's boy and wants to play Bey Blades and have me read The Cat In The Hat. I love him more than life itself so I comply with his wishes.

is this sounds like I am complaining I apologize. I like to think of it as venting. maybe I will get to sleep when I die. LOL
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:45 PM   #7
70C10Toejam
Hellasick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68C15 View Post
well folks, I'm gonna have to ride this out. no cold medicine for me. in the past I discovered that any form of ephedrine gave me the shakes and made me extremely tired. last night I decided to try some Delsym since the active ingredient is different. guess what? I fell asleep in a customer's truck while warming it up today (thank God it was in park)

normally a person in my situation would get home from work and head right for bed. nope, not me. I have an autistic 8 yo son who is a daddy's boy and wants to play Bey Blades and have me read The Cat In The Hat. I love him more than life itself so I comply with his wishes.

is this sounds like I am complaining I apologize. I like to think of it as venting. maybe I will get to sleep when I die. LOL
And not in a closed garage too

Finally over my cold/flu. The lingering congestion is worse than the cause. Hope you get over it quick.

This life was a test. It was only a test. If this had been an actual life, you would have received instructions on where to go and what to do.

RED meat is not bad for you...FUZZY BLUE/GREEN MEAT is bad for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUILT FORD TOUGH WITH CHEVY STUFF--sticker at Goodguys

Last edited by 70C10Toejam; 03-31-2011 at 10:45 PM.
70C10Toejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:25 AM   #8
fastwillie 696969
~Rest In Peace~

apple cider vinegar with honey is good for the chest and throat colds

B___H please, I can remove 90% of your so called "beauty" with a kleenex
fastwillie 696969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:58 AM   #9
60ratrod
yes, i do

well that's good stuff. my wife just came down with a head cold that also has a mild fever attached to it. anyone got any good suggestions about helping a head cold besides mentholatum?? my wife has been using that and it helps a tad with the sinus congestion, but is there anything else out there that helps? sorry to thread jack 68c15. since xmas i have had 3 head/chest colds and 2 bouts of food poisoning. i get acid reflux bad from time to time and i find that a couple tums helps that if you haven't already gone the fruity chalk route yet

-60 Chevy C10, dead 350/good th350 combo, sitting on a 76 c10 blazer frame, built from 11 different vehicles "the abomination"
-07 gmt900 silverado 1500 lt xcab z71, granite blue
-81 suzuki gs650g "shelah"- current project
-81 kz1000m1 csr "sarge" -next project (just beautification)
-07 kawasaki vulcan classic vn900
60ratrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #10
JHT67

2 words "NETI POT". I live with sinus congestion everyday, and allergy medicine stopped working, and I saw the neti pot on Dr Oz, and unless I'm out of the saline solution I use it everyday. It's a little odd at first, but once you get use to it, it is so worth it. I am currently out of packets, and I am hating it. The last box I bought was ultra-fine grain, and thats what I recommend, it's definitely more gentle.
Going through life's daily grind, I can feel the effects of this physical body's fleeting days, But with a young spirit I look toward a brighter day, knowing that in the eyes of eternity, I am but a babe in the arms of my Lord.........
JHT67 is offline   Reply With Quote