The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
mrhino
Account Suspended

hydro-boost troubleshooting help

I have a 88 GMC 3500 350 tbi, with hydro boost. two problems iv noticed 1. the brake pedal is very firm, IM mean you can stop the truck almost like a normal operating brake system, but it takes extra muscle to do it. 2. the steering takes absolultly no effort at all, very very easy to steer, abnormal easy. I just put on new tie rod ends Idler arm and pitman arm, all those pieces were wore out, but didnt help the steering much, thought maybe its the gear box itself but there seams to very little slop in it. This is my first run in with hydro-boost so im not rear sure how it all works. Is this normal to have hard brakes and easy steering, or is there something wrong.
mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
Corts60
Just here to tinker

Re: hydro-boost troubleshooting help

I have hydro-boost in my '78 Diesel and the steering is easy, as are the brakes. Yet the brakes do feel different than a vacuum booster truck does. I'm not sure what your problem could be. Sorry I'm no help.
Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote